Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

*Homebrew channel help*

Posted by MrGameNWatch 
*Homebrew channel help*
April 24, 2009 12:32AM
Im in need of help on trying to get the homebrew channel. Im a first timer on getting this channel on to my wii so theres a lot of questions for me to ask. Ok, as far as i know, i need to have the game Legend Of Zelda Twilight princesses in order to get the homebrew channel. I dont have the game so i dont know if theres a way i can get the homebrew channel WITHOUT that game. I also dont know how to get the USB gecko and the Gecko OS. If the Gecko is something i need for the wii, how do i purchase it? Another thing i need help on is getting the files to my SD card. I dont think theres a way i can insert my SD card into my laptop to send stuff over so that dont do. Cant i use the wii internet channel to download the version of homebrew and send it my SD card that way? Well, if theres a way i can get Homebrew without using legend of zelda then can someone tell me how? As well as the Gecko part? That'll be great. Thanks! =)

- MrGameNwatch
Re: *Homebrew channel help*
April 24, 2009 01:45AM
Zelda is currently needed, but there is a new expoit that wont need it coming out soon supposedly. USB gecko is a developers tool that is not needed but is optional, so no not needed. To get the files to your sd card, you need an SD card reader, or a PC that has one built in. Your laptop might have a SD card slot, so check you manual or post your model if your not sure, so you dont waste money. You can not use the internet channel to install the HBC sorry. Also, if your system menu version is 4.0 no currently released hacks will work. Another option you have is to wait for the new homebrew tool called BootMii if you do not want to buy Zelda. Hope i helped!
April 24, 2009 02:57AM
Ok i can wait. So, when would this be released? I should come here more often. I have to hope my Wii isnt 4.0. If its not then im screwed. =(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2009 02:58AM by MrGameNWatch.
April 24, 2009 02:21PM
Borrow Twilight Princess from a friend (I did) or rent it :)
Wii version help.
April 24, 2009 05:17AM
Is there a way i can get my version of the wii to a different version? I have 4.0 so im screwed. Hacks wont work on my Wii. i'll try to get the homebrew channel anyways. I might borrow my uncle's Twilight princesses game if i ever get the chance to so i can get homebrew faster. Any ways, is there a way i can bring my version to a lower version?
Re: Wii version help.
April 24, 2009 06:21AM
No. Twilight Princess won't help either.
April 24, 2009 02:26PM
oh, the borrowing part is just to get the homebrew channel. I just need to find out if i can get a lower version of my wii cause i dont want to buy another one.
April 24, 2009 04:41PM
Stop posting new topics about the same problem. Stick to your existing one (AKA this one).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2009 04:43PM by Arikado.
April 26, 2009 06:14AM
MrGameNWatch
oh, the borrowing part is just to get the homebrew channel. I just need to find out if i can get a lower version of my wii cause i dont want to buy another one.
You cant get homebrew channel at all yet. And no, since you cant use twilight hack OR HBC your system is stuck at 4.0. But even if you do eventually get it installed dont downgreade(try to get to a lower version).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login