Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

downloading home brew

Posted by KintaBoB 
downloading home brew
June 08, 2009 04:07AM
hey, is it possible to download &Install homebrew via the wii? if not cud someone come to my house n do it for me please.. im thick.

thanx
Re: downloading home brew
June 08, 2009 05:35AM
Dude, you can't do it unless you have a computer. And i doubt someone could do it for you, cuz this forum is worldwide. sorry. :(
June 08, 2009 05:44PM
All you need is a computer and an SD Card. Its not hard at all.
June 08, 2009 05:54PM
You could use Homebrew Browser to download direct to Wii, but you have to download it first and put it correctly on SD card, but if you've done that, you know how to do it, so don't need it...
June 08, 2009 05:57PM
SifJar
You could use Homebrew Browser to download direct to Wii, but you have to download it first and put it correctly on SD card, but if you've done that, you know how to do it, so don't need it...
Hard to do if you dont have the homebrew channel installed ;) But yes, that will surely simplify the process for him after he installs the homebrew channel.
June 08, 2009 08:39PM
Oh, I thought he meant download actual homebrew, not HBC. Never mind, my bad
June 08, 2009 10:10PM
i have everything i need i just cant grasp it a dunno why lol maby if i got a card reader instead of using my fone as a card reader that could work?
can someone direct me to the what programmes i need to download page cz not sure if i got that right and could someone also direct me to the how to install homebrew to SD page please .

okie dokie just read thru some stuff and heres what i need to know when i format the SD card do i format it as FAT32 or FAT, what does it mean when it says put in root of Sd card? EG. 3.Place the boot.elf or boot.dol file in the root of your SD card.

Thanx in advance for all your help :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2009 10:37PM by KintaBoB.
June 08, 2009 10:44PM
sounds like you're using the instructions for Bannerbomb. Please look here: [forum.wiibrew.org] and read it thoroughly.
June 08, 2009 10:48PM
Thanx kage ill give it a read but what i stil ldont understand is the root of the sd card is it juss a folder i make and rename it root?
June 08, 2009 10:54PM
The root of the SD card is the very first area you see once you open the SD card. For example, the root of any drive would look like this: [ROOT]:\ where it cannot get any simpler than that. Therefore you do not need to make a 'root' folder. With Bannerbomb, take whatever .dol or .elf you're using (Hackmii installer would be a good idea), rename it to boot.dol or boot.elf, and put it in the first place you can find in the SD card.

[root]:\boot.dol or [root]:\boot.elf
June 08, 2009 10:59PM
Ok Thanx do i rename the whole hackmii forlder to boot or installer.elf file? could you help me via msn please ? my email ryankinta (at) Live . co . uk no worries if you cant its just it would prob be easier for the both of us :) omg this is a edit lol} this is my problem im a bad reader as if you have just read this post you clearly stated frename the hackmii installer to boot lol i read it like 7 times b4 i actually noticed u said RENAME THE HACKMII INSTALLER lol

So after iv renamed the file n put it to SD What do i do next im sorry for all the questions its just easier for me if i ask after every step i take
Sorry and Thank You lol ;)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2009 11:14PM by KintaBoB.
What do i do next?
June 08, 2009 11:51PM
i have hackmii installer on my SD renamed to Boot.elf

Can anyone please tell me what to do next

i don thave the homebrew channel installed yet neither

Thank You

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2009 11:54PM by KintaBoB.
Re: What do i do next?
June 09, 2009 12:04AM
It needs to be boot.elf not Boot.elf

Next, launch bannerbomb and that will launch the hackmii installer.
Re: What do i do next?
June 09, 2009 12:08AM
do i need to put banerbomb on my Sd aswell?
June 09, 2009 12:10AM
Yes, be sure to follow the instructions of putting it on your SD Card exactly.
June 09, 2009 12:21AM
ok so now i have the boot.elf and the bannerbomb private folder on my SD card what do i need to do now?
June 09, 2009 12:25AM
Bannerbomb
4 Put your SD card in your Wii and turn it on.
5 Go into Wii Options --> Data Management --> Channels --> SD Card.
6 A message should appear asking to "load boot.dol/.elf". If it freezes or does not appear, download the next .zip file from the Bannerbomb website and start over.
7 The homebrew on your SD card will load. Enjoy!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2009 12:26AM by Arikado.
June 09, 2009 12:27AM
Wiil i get the homebrew channel to when i put SD card in my WII?
June 09, 2009 12:34AM
Erm, no. If you follow the instructions I posted above, you'll boot the hackmii installer. From there, you can install the homebrew channel.
June 09, 2009 12:37AM
right i think i got it. ((sorry for being such a nuisance)) so i run the Sd card on the Wii and the homebrew browser will install on its own?

So what is the twighlightHack for?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2009 12:51AM by KintaBoB.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login