Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Code Dump

Posted by RizaMustang24 
Code Dump
June 20, 2009 01:03AM
Hello. I've had homebrew on my wii for awhile now, but I've recently had some problems with it.

I tried to download something off the internet to allow my wii to play Fatal Frame 4, but then I never actually followed through because it required being hooked up to the internet or something. Well, the homebrew channel is still there, but when I tried to go to homebrew, it told me a bunch of numbers and words and "Code Dump."
Why is this, and what can I do? I deleted the files off my SD card that I'd downloaded. I'd added the Minish Cap to my homebrew and shut my wii off during gameplay. However, that wouldn't have anything to do with it, would it? I deleted minish cap, and that didn't solve the problem. Eventually, I accidentally deleted the Twilight Hack off my SD card (I deleted the "private" folder. no one knew what it was). I reput it back on my SD card through the Wii Data Management Save area.
Do I have to reinstall the entire homebrew channel?
Also, what folders actually need to be on the SD card?

Any type of help would be appreciated. No one can seem to figure this out and I haven't found any faqs telling me what to do. I'm not very fluent in computer language, so could you try to just tell me what to do?
Sorry for being a nuisance.
Re: Code Dump
June 20, 2009 01:35AM
Same thing happened to me a while back. Unplug anything that's leeching power from your Wii through USB (iPod, music player, USB lava lamp) and see what happens when you try starting the Homebrew Channel.
June 20, 2009 01:59AM
Zack
Same thing happened to me a while back. Unplug anything that's leeching power from your Wii through USB (iPod, music player, USB lava lamp) and see what happens when you try starting the Homebrew Channel.

there's a USB port? I just put my SD card in the SD slot. There's no memory cards and only a wireless gamecube controller. Last time I tried there was nothing plugged in my wii at all.
June 20, 2009 02:02AM
Did you unplug the wireless Gamecube adapter? If so, I have no idea what's going on.
June 20, 2009 02:03AM
I did it before when there was nothing there. I can't figure out what's wrong

There doesn't seem like there should be anything wrong. Anybody know what's all supposed to be in the apps folder? If needed, I can post all the application folder names
June 20, 2009 07:56AM
If you're getting a code dump error when loading JUST the Homebrew Channel, you should use bannerbomb to uninstall, then reinstall HBC. That might clear out your problem.

NVM on that...but all of your homebrew is code dumping?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2009 07:57AM by Kage52124.
June 20, 2009 02:33PM
Mind telling us specifically what homebrew applications are code dumping on you?
June 20, 2009 09:54PM
I think he gets the code dump when he starts the Homebrew Channel.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login