Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

From semibrick to no wiimote sync.

Posted by surak 
From semibrick to no wiimote sync.
June 15, 2009 10:59PM
I had a semibricked wii, because of a wii music japanese update on a european wii that my ex-wife just clicked over (one of the several reasons she's my ex-wife now).

Anyway, when looking for ways to fix it, I stumbled upon Anyregion Changer and Bootmii. Managed to install both, and the thing worked for a while.

Then, the wiimotes stopped syncing. I did everything I found on the net, unplugged the controllers, unplugged the power cord, did the reset of the red button. Removed the battery and left it unplugged and without battery for one night.

Interestingly, no homebrew applications load anymore. I can go from bootmii to the homebrew channel (which works), and it recognizes my homebrew applications, but doesn't load any of them. It goes to a black screen.

Wii system menu seems ok, but I'm not sure, as I can't connect any wiimote anymore. I am quite sure it wasn't updated manually, although was connected to the internet (the news and wheather were updated). As I took the battery out, it seems it lost my wifi connection now.

I can't load anyregion changer anymore though the homebrew channel. The file explorer from bootmii doesn't look capable of running and .dol file either.

Oh yes, the wiimotes DO turn the wii on.

So now I have a working brick. Any hints? I am getting desperate.

By the way,

Wii with 3.2 from anyregion changer (was spanish 3.2 before, than semibrick with japanese wii music). It is a spanish one.

It has a wasabi chip, I don't know if this matters.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2009 11:01PM by surak.
Re: From semibrick to no wiimote sync.
June 15, 2009 11:06PM
Sounds like the bluetooth receiver inside your Wii crapped out. I've seen it happen once in a rare while for seemingly no reason. Try buying a new one and replacing it.
June 16, 2009 06:19PM
Hmm, dunno if this is in any way possible, but could it be a missing IOS? Homebrew apps giving black screens...Although I don't really know much on the subject. Are wiimotes even synced by an IOS? If so, which one?
June 16, 2009 10:40PM
Arikado
Sounds like the bluetooth receiver inside your Wii crapped out. I've seen it happen once in a rare while for seemingly no reason. Try buying a new one and replacing it.

Surak

Any more need being said?

H
SifJar
mm, dunno if this is in any way possible, but could it be a missing IOS?

I think either the sys menu or IOS 30 might be missing. use WUFE to extract them from a disc and use Wad manager to install 'em
June 16, 2009 10:56PM
You could also use wadimport if you have an aversion to waninkoko's apps as many here do. but will he be able to load either WUFE OR wadimport/wad manager, seeing as how apparently apps don't load? Is there a way to compile apps for BootMii yet? Because I know regular apps wont work because they use IOSes, but maybe someone could make a version of wadimport for BootMii, so it will load. WUFE isn't really necessary, NUSD could be used on computer to download the WADs from Nintendo's servers.
June 16, 2009 10:59PM
metroid_maniac
Arikado

Surak

I'm assuming you noticed that his topic has been edited once? That phrase was not in his topic previous to the edit when I posted my comment. For the record, theres also a bit of other information in there that was not there previous to the edit (like the spiel about anyregion changer). I'm not a moron :P

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2009 11:01PM by Arikado.
June 17, 2009 09:29AM
Arikado
metroid_maniac
Arikado

Surak

I'm assuming you noticed that his topic has been edited once? That phrase was not in his topic previous to the edit when I posted my comment. For the record, theres also a bit of other information in there that was not there previous to the edit (like the spiel about anyregion changer). I'm not a moron :P

sorry 'bout that. this is why I always write EDIT: when I edit my post's. I feel like a moron.
June 18, 2009 10:42PM
They doesn't work on hombebrew channel, so it's not an option.

They doesnt boot from miiboot, I don't know why or how could I make any of those work.

So...

Do I have any option.?
June 18, 2009 11:01PM
By the way, I have another interesting problem. The WII doesn't go to sleep when I click the power button (ie the power button in yellow). Whether it's green or red.

I would test anything, it's a brick that loads useless crap, right now.

Would it be fixed if I get another wii's NAND?
June 18, 2009 11:02PM
surak
By the way, I have another interesting problem. The WII doesn't go to sleep when I click the power button (ie the power button in yellow). Whether it's green or red.
AFAIK, it only goes yellow if WC24 is turned on.
June 18, 2009 11:25PM
yeah yellow means wc24 is on, red means it isn't.

but back to your real problem. i believe if a version of wadimport was compiled to work with MINI (i.e. BootMii's homebrew system), you could boot it from BootMii, and install the WADs of System Menu 4.0 (or whatever system menu you were on, or well, any really I think) and IOS 30, see if that fixes it. I believe it is possible to compile apps for MINI, but they may have to be modified before hand and I have no idea how I'd go about it, but it could certainly be very useful, and may even allow downgrades without needing trucha bug. Just download all IOSes and System Menu WAD using NUSD and install them using a MINI version of wadimport booted through BootMii. Can anyone make it happen? A version of wadimport compiled for MINI?
June 18, 2009 11:35PM
Yellow light used to be when I just touched the power button or turned it off though some wiimote.

Red one was when I held the power button for more than 5 seconds - now, the only way to turn it off. Before, when I were on wii menu, it was just a matter of quickly pressing the power button. This doesn't work anymore, nor the reset button, by the way.
June 18, 2009 11:36PM
Any good soul willing to share a NAMD file of a pal wii to test?
June 18, 2009 11:39PM
When you hold the power button it turns off completely (red light).
June 18, 2009 11:45PM
exactly! But if I just press it, it won't do a thing now, while when the console was working, it would put it in stanby with the yellow light.
June 19, 2009 12:47AM
surak

You can only use NAND backups of your own Wii.
June 19, 2009 01:24AM
So, any other idea? I would like to try the anywhere region right from bootmii, is it possible?

Besides, its setting file, I can't find a sample anywhere. Any idea?
June 19, 2009 09:41AM
WikiFSX
surak

You can only use NAND backups of your own Wii.

I'm pretty sure Bushing is offering a service that actually does let you take someone else's NAND and put it on another Wii, but it's tedious manual coding labor so he was going to charge for it...

Also it sounds like Arikado is on the ball here, the Bluetooth device or drivers could be bad. I'd say send it to Nintendo and ask them what it would cost to fix before they start.
June 19, 2009 10:50AM
As stated on the original post, the wii does turn on when I press on the wiimote. By the way, this happened EXACTLY after messing with wanikoko's stuff.

Does anyone know how load anyregion changer on the bootmii?
June 19, 2009 06:32PM
hmm, what of waninkoko's stuff? may be able to help if i know what it was. btw, why didn't you take a NAND dump if you installed BootMii?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login