Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

emulator rom placement

Posted by sportbilly 
emulator rom placement
July 07, 2009 04:00AM
Hello all,

Is there a way to place the roms or even better the entire emulator(in this case SENS GX) with roms on a USB hard drive. I am setup and ready to go with a softmod and homebrew channel. I would just like to not have to run it from disk or sd card but have not seen any guides for installing onto USB.
Re: emulator rom placement
July 07, 2009 11:10AM
hey there,

yes,
SNESgx can run from usb.
You need to format the partition FAT16 or FAT32 on the usb drive you are planning on using the roms on. Also rename folder on usb drive the exact same name and setup as the snesgx folder that is on your sd card outside of the apps folder. Outside of changing preferences on snesgx itself to load from usb, you should be all set to go.
July 07, 2009 01:59PM
I see, that would make it easy to move the files straight over to the drive from the pc but I am thinking of buying a 1TB hard drive does FAT 16 or 32 format that high? I am using WBFS now on a very small drive for testing and could not see how to transfer the files from computer. Also I am guessing that I need to keep the main emulator on the SD card which is fine. Just thought it would be cool if a program like usb loader could just load the emu from the USB so that all the games(Wii, snes, n64, nes, etc.) could all load off one menu.
July 07, 2009 02:21PM
WBFS is (AFAIK) only used for things not supported here.

Fat32 goes up to 2 TB without problems
July 10, 2009 08:50AM
Yes, most HD's come factory-formatted in FAT.
All your emulators and wii games can still ALL load off the same HD, just on different partitions.
The emulator stuff goes on the FAT partition, and the Wii stuff resides on the WBFS partition.
Just make sure that if you are placing a FAT partition and a WBFS partition on the same HD, that you designate the first partition FAT, and mark it as active, and you shouldn't have any problems with your WBFS partition.
July 10, 2009 06:33PM
daniel_c_w
WBFS is (AFAIK) only used for things not supported here.

Yup.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login