Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Emulators

Posted by turtleman306 
Emulators
July 06, 2009 06:20AM
Hey, im having trouble running my emulators on my wii, the emulators work fine its just that when i put roms into the roms folder for the emulators, Wii64, and GxGeo they always come across an error where the rom cannot be read.
Re: Emulators
July 06, 2009 07:05AM
wii64 isnt finished.
July 06, 2009 07:53PM
What format are the roms in? Are they in the correct folder?

kydo
wii64 isnt finished.

It still should be able to read roms, provided they are the correct file type.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2009 07:53PM by jsmaster.
July 06, 2009 08:21PM
jsmaster
kydo
wii64 isnt finished.

Ah, but you're overlooking that it uses an outdated libfat.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2009 08:22PM by Arikado.
July 07, 2009 12:38AM
It says that the format is Z64, is there a certain rom format that i should be using, and if so where should i find them?
July 07, 2009 04:17AM
Arikado
jsmaster
kydo
wii64 isnt finished.

Ah, but you're overlooking that it uses an outdated libfat.

Oh. I did not know that..

turtleman306
It says that the format is Z64, is there a certain rom format that i should be using, and if so where should i find them?

Z64 should work. Are your roms in the N64ROMS folder at the root of your sd card? Also, are you using an sdhc card? Could be the outdated libfat though..
July 07, 2009 06:34AM
i have a regular 1gb sd card( not hc) formated to fat 16 , and i aswell put the roms in the N64ROMS folder but for some reason it can't be read
July 11, 2009 09:26PM
Same problem is happening to me! >___<
with wii64 and sega genesis :/
July 11, 2009 09:34PM
Wii64 isn't finished. It doesn't run very well, I don't think....

Edit: For sega genesis, make sure you have a folder on the root of you SD card called "genplus", and in that folder, and folder called "roms". Then put your ROM (.zip,.smd, and .bin.) inside that folder. It should look like this: ROOT/genplus/roms/.XXX

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2009 09:39PM by WaxyPumpkin72.
July 13, 2009 04:07AM
I have a question about emulators. Aren't they illegal because the roms that are used are illegal?
Please clear things up for me. Thanks
July 13, 2009 04:27AM
Emulators aren't illegal as long as they're not taking nintendo's copyrighted code to make it. ROMs are only illegal if you download them off the internet....
July 13, 2009 04:36AM
Exactly, so how are you supposed to get the games for an emulator without pirating a game?
July 13, 2009 04:37AM
lol, you can't. Thats why I don't use emulators. :P

Wait, actually, you can, but I don't know how to dump a ROM from a cartridge game....,
July 13, 2009 04:39AM
I guess that's a lot of work to get a game to play on an unintended system lol
July 13, 2009 04:57AM
Its my suggestion that you just stay away from ROMs/emulators. But thats just my opinion, which doesn't necessarily matter. :P
July 13, 2009 05:59AM
What's the difference between emulators and the wad installer?
July 13, 2009 06:14AM
Erm, the WAD installer itself isn't illegal, its the act of pirating a WAD that you don't have the right to own/that you didn't pay for thats illegal.
Emulators emulate consoles (Sega Genesis, N64, SNES, NES, etc.). WAD installers install WADs. Thats the difference.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2009 06:15AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
July 13, 2009 02:48PM
I agree
July 13, 2009 03:12PM
IkariSama
What's the difference between emulators and the wad installer?

WaxyPumpkin72
Erm, the WAD installer itself isn't illegal, its the act of pirating a WAD that you don't have the right to own/that you didn't pay for thats illegal.
Emulators emulate consoles (Sega Genesis, N64, SNES, NES, etc.). WAD installers install WADs. Thats the difference.

Legally, they're pretty much the same. Both COULD be used for legal purposes, but in most cases, they aren't. It's just that on these forums emulators are for some reason allowed whereas WAD installers and other warez stuff aren't. Maybe because you can't buy the games for old consoles any more, or something. But basically each is legal, just can be used for illegal purposes. In fact, there are very few legal uses for WAD installer (manually updating IOS and...oh, that's it), whereas there are more legal uses for emulators (playing games THAT YOU OWN, playing homebrew games for that format), just obtaining ROMs may be illegal depending on how you do it and where you live.
July 13, 2009 06:18PM
OT legal discussion <_< Take this somewhere else, kthnx.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.