Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

newbie to hombrew can somone help

Posted by danart1967 
newbie to hombrew can somone help
August 21, 2009 07:11PM
hi i have just got a wii version 3.3e and have done some research i have established i can do the bannerbomb ex[ploit but was wandering if i should do it now on this versiion i have or update to 4.1 then do the bannerbomb exploit ,, can anyone advise what is best to do many thanks
Re: newbie to hombrew can somone help
August 21, 2009 07:15PM
Update to 4.1: it's got more features and doesn't affect homebrew any more than 3.3. Bannerbomb is the best method. oh, and stay away from GBAtemp.
August 21, 2009 07:20PM
what is gbatemp,, so your saying definatly i should update fisrt then do the bannerbomb after its my first time and its a new wii will the back up launcher be in with homebrew channel also this is quite confusing seems most want to downgrade to 3,2 to keep all there isos files but i dont have any as yet so this will not affect me will it,, sorry complete newbie here have tried to read as much and search as much as poss but just making sure im going to do it properly many thanks metroid
August 21, 2009 07:23PM
gbatemp is a website where every other word is "backup". Really it is mostly piracy. Dont talk about backups here as they are not supported and we wont help you here if that is your goal. No the HBC doesnt have a backup launcher in it. Downgrading wont really help you as you can do everything 3.2 can on 4.1
August 21, 2009 07:24PM
GBAtemp is a website. a bad one. stay away from it if you still want your Wii to work by the end of the week :-). Din't DON'Tdowngrade, it does more harm then good. Oh, and...
forum.wiibrew.org
Discussion of WAD, Backups, and ROMs is NOT ALLOWED! NO PIRACY!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2009 07:25PM by metroid_maniac.
August 21, 2009 07:25PM
ok cheers well noted and thanks
August 21, 2009 07:26PM
thanks metriod told you was a newbie lol and will not mention again cheers
August 21, 2009 07:27PM
Great. if you need any help with the Homebrew Channel just ask here!
August 24, 2009 03:39PM
i got version 4.1 which twilight should i use the 3.3 or 3.4?? thanks
August 24, 2009 03:41PM
Twilight hack doesn't work on 4.0+. Use Bannerbomb instead.
August 24, 2009 11:33PM
how do you use bannerbomb??? i know im a noob none of the aads work for me

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2009 11:34PM by omnicide13.
August 24, 2009 11:36PM
download the bannerbomb file and put it on the root of the SD card. it should be named "private"
the structure of the bannerbomb folder should be:

/private/title/atkn/content.bin

then download the hackmii installer and put it on the root of the SD card. rename it boot.elf
August 25, 2009 03:49PM
do i put the content.bin and boot.elf in the root?

and the bannerbomb thing has I:\aad1f_v108\private\wii\title\aktn
is that right? if not where did you get yours?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2009 03:54PM by omnicide13.
August 25, 2009 05:54PM
Only boot.elf goes in the root.

Read TopGun96's post above for content.bin.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2009 05:58PM by Arikado.
August 25, 2009 10:21PM
aad1f_v108 is the zip file. unzip it and put the private folder on the root as well as boot.dol/elf
August 26, 2009 06:26AM
ok great thanks guys i got it to work...now um haw can u get the wii to run audio cd's with the dvdx and how can u make game hacks lolz
August 26, 2009 06:31AM
The Wii can't read CDs. At all. (The hardware doesn't support it)
August 26, 2009 12:52PM
And I doubt from how you're talking you'd be able to make "game hacks" (I assume you mean cheats). You need a USB Gecko and a some knowledge of hacking. If you mean how do you play games with cheats, use Gecko OS. But dont cheat online. It ruins other peoples experience and you can get banned by Nintendo. Just cheat offline.
September 07, 2009 08:43PM
i am also a newb to the wii hacks and stuff could someone give me what i need to exactly dl to my sd card and how about to put the info on my wii i have the zelda game ive already tried this process 1 from reading something someone else has wrote but i obviously didnt do something right pls help!!! u cazN also email me at jeromey1@yahoo.com
September 07, 2009 09:10PM
For an installation guide, go here. Bannerbomb is the new HBC installation method, twilight hack isn't used as much any more, and it doesn't work on 4.0+.

If you still need more help after reading the guide, just ask! :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login