Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Trying to upgrade to 3.2

Posted by jovan 
Trying to upgrade to 3.2
December 06, 2009 07:55PM
Hi,
I just put my nephews system with the homebrew channel & wiiflow which,I am happy to have done.
But what i couldn't do was upgrade(4.0 or 4.1)the system.It's at 3.1u.
Any help would be greatly appretiated ^_^
Thanxs
Re: Trying to upgrade to 3.2
December 06, 2009 08:15PM
Get Dop-IOS MOD and download System Menu 3.2 with it, if, of course, you have homebrew installed.

Also, don't ask for help with WiiFlow, we won't help you and you will probably be banned if you do.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2009 08:17PM by WikiFSX.
December 06, 2009 10:24PM
The easiest way to install system menu 3.2 is with AnyRegion Changer. All you have to do is run it and select install system menu 3.2u. This will install the correct versions of all necessary IOSs as well.
December 06, 2009 11:20PM
Why on earth would he (or she) install 3.2? Install 4.1. No drawbacks to having 4.1, several positives. Anyway, once unsigned code is running, which is possible on any System Menu, it is irrelevant what System Menu you have as it is not running. Its the IOS that are important.

Get dop-IOS MOD and install System Menu 4.1. Make sure you install IOS60 and IOS61 first, or you will brick your Wii (well, technically IOS61 isnt essential, but its good to have). If you have BootMii as boot2, make a NAND dump first.
December 06, 2009 11:31PM
Of course, there is nothing wrong with installing system menu 4.1, but for many people the system menu version makes no difference. I installed system menu 3.2 on my wii instead of 4.1 because I have no use for SDHC support or for the SD card menu; however, if you need these fetures you may as well install 4.1.
December 07, 2009 09:42AM
thanks guys for the support i'll
give dop-IOS a try.
sifjar I tried to upgrade to 4.0 &4.1 but i ended up gettin errors
i don't remember the -# errors but i also never tried dop
and i'm a HE ^_^ lol
again thanks guys
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login