Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help me update to latest IOS and Menu?

Posted by niksy 
Help me update to latest IOS and Menu?
December 12, 2009 01:45PM
Hez guys, I need some help :)

I've got the latest HBC installed, DVDx, and that's it as far as modding goes. Haven't installed BootMii.
Mine Wii is around 2 years old...

What I want is to update to the latest IOS and System Menu version... There is some homebrew to do that? I should mention that I have no way of connecting my Wii to the internet... And my Wii is chipped. I don't know what mod chip is it, but it hasn't been updated, so some games give errors in disc channel, so I use Gecko OS (is there any solution for that?).

Current menu version is 3.3E and IOS (I read it from HBC, does it show the newest one?) is IOS36.
Re: Help me update to latest IOS and Menu?
December 12, 2009 02:00PM
IOS36 is the IOS that the Homebrew Channel is running on, not necessarily the latest IOS.

Update the Homebrew Channel and DVDX first with the latest HackMii Installer. (available at [www.bootmii.org], or from the HBC's update feature) If you have updated both recently, you should be fine. Note that older apps will not be compatible with the new DVDX, and newer apps will not be compatible with the older one. If you can install BootMii as boot2, do so, and make a NAND backup now.

Download Dop-IOS MOD v9.

Install IOS70 and IOS61, the latest Shop Channel, and the latest System Menu. If a power outage or something occurs while you are updating your System Menu, restore your NAND backup and try again.

You could now also install every IOS that you do not yet have. Updating IOSes that you do have is not needed, and you actually should not do it because many of your IOSes still have the Trucha bug and the ES_Identify bug. (both of which are very good things)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2009 02:00PM by WikiFSX.
December 12, 2009 02:47PM
Thank you very much, I will do everything as you said. Really, a HUGE thank you!

*EDIT* One more Q. That IOS that MPlayerCE developers offer? Should I install it? How? MPlayer freezes most of the times on start-up, but sometimes works perfectly normal, would the IOS solve that?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2009 03:11PM by niksy.
December 12, 2009 03:53PM
All that that IOS does is allow MPlayerCE to use USB 2.0, it probably won't fix that problem. Not to mention that the IOS may not even be needed in the future...
December 13, 2009 05:30PM
Installed BootMii boot2 version, backed up the NAND and...

Well, I mentioned I don't have any way of connecting my Wii to the internet...and Dop-IOS (mod v9) needs the connection. Any alternative software?
December 13, 2009 06:59PM
1. Get a hex editor.

2. Make a blank file called key.bin. If you have extensions disabled on your computer, enable them, as key.bin.txt or whatever will not work.

3. Read the April 2008 post "Keys, keys, keys." at www.hackmii.com. Use the hex editor to enter the common key into key.bin. DO NOT USE ASCII ENTRY MODE. Use Hex mode.

4. Download NUS Downloader. Move key.bin into the folder where you put NUSD.

5. Select Wii at the bottom. Check "Pack -> WAD" also.

6. Use the database option to download the latest IOS70, IOS61, and Shop Channel, and also System Menu 4.2U. Make sure all are packed into WADs. Enter each created folder, and move the WAD in each to the root of your SD card. Start up Dop-IOS MOD v9, and install everything you downloaded. If you are prompted for a location to install from, choose SD or WAD or something similar.
December 25, 2009 03:47PM
Dop-IOS mod doesn't seem to have that option. Option of installing from some other location than internet, that is.

Could I use any WAD installer? Like wadimport? (http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/WadImport)
December 25, 2009 06:08PM
You could.
December 25, 2009 07:11PM
I had to ask, I'm always better safe than sorry. Even though I have bootmii :)

Thank you!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login