Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Error watching movies with DVDx/Mplayer CE

Posted by meatsafemurderer 
Error watching movies with DVDx/Mplayer CE
December 29, 2009 09:44PM
Hi folks,

I'd like to use my Wii as a DVD player. So far I've installed the Homebrew Channel and DVDx using bannerbomb v.2/hackmii installer v0.6 and added MPlayer CE 0.75. (The newer version 0.76 stalls during initialization and could not be used.) The Wii was bought in the fall and is v4.2.

When I load MPlayer, it detects the number of tracks on the DVD. However, when I try to play the DVD or an individual track, MPlayer says that it is mounting the disc, but nothing happens. The program is not frozen because pressing the A button returns me to the track list.

I found a post from yesterday saying that this version of MPlayer doesn't work with the newer version of DVDx, and that I should install USB 2.0 cIOS or an older version of DVDx. I'm not sure where to find an older version of DVDx, or what USB 2.0 cIOS does that's relevant to DVDx. Is there a guide on this somewhere or is someone willing to explain?
Re: Error watching movies with DVDx/Mplayer CE
December 29, 2009 09:50PM
When did you get your wii?
December 29, 2009 10:02PM
Hi Crisco,
The Wii was a gift, but it was delivered in mid-November. I still have the packaging and manuals - is there any information there that would help you determine how old it is?
December 29, 2009 10:23PM
It most likely is you have a dvd drive that can't read dvd's all of the newer ones can't.
December 30, 2009 01:25AM
You can't install the old DVDx if you have system menu 4.2 (there actually is a way to do it, but it is impracticle as it requires you to downgrade an IOS and reinstall DVDx every time you want to use it), so you will need to get MPlayer CE .76 to work or install the USB 2.0 cIOS. The cIOS provides DVD playback capability just like DVDx, so MPlayer CE does not need DVDx to play DVDs if you have the USB 2.0 cIOS.

However, as Crisco said, it probably will not work even if you do everything correctly because you most likely have a new disc drive.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login