Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Playing italian game on US wii

Posted by Levante 
Playing italian game on US wii
January 04, 2010 08:36PM
Hi all,
I just received as christmas gift a game from Italy but of course it doesn't work. Since I'm totally new at this, I'd like to know how to make my wii region free and use all games.
Many thanks for your kind answers.
Levante Quarini

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2010 08:38PM by Levante.
Re: Playing italian game on US wii
January 04, 2010 08:43PM
You can use Gecko OS to play games from other regions. If you want to launch other region games from the disc channel, you can use StartPatch, Starfall, or Priiloader region free hacks.
January 06, 2010 12:52AM
If you use any of the latter three applications, be sure not to install updates. Your Wii has a very good chance of bricking if you do so.

Gecko is the safest solution.
January 06, 2010 02:02AM
Updating with Startpatch, Starfall, or Priiloader will not cause a brick since installing a system menu removes said program.
January 06, 2010 02:24AM
I meant that attempting to do a System Menu update with an out-of-region game would cause a brick.
January 06, 2010 03:43AM
Oh, yes, you're right. If the region free wii game hack is applied, it is a good idea to apply the remove disc update check hack as well so as not to brick from an out of region update.
January 06, 2010 03:46AM
Doesn't Gecko OS also skip the update on a disc? Like, playing New Super Mario Bros Wii on a 4.0 Wii?
January 06, 2010 03:51AM
It will not update if you are actually able to play the game at all. If you are not, it will either install the minimum required update (the IOS the game needs) or ask you to do so yourself if it cannot.
January 07, 2010 10:11AM
Hi,
Many thanks for your answers!!!
Levante Quarini
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login