Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can you add too many IOS's?

Posted by JustaShmoe 
Can you add too many IOS's?
January 14, 2010 04:11PM
I am feeling more confident in trying to update this system on my own and it makes me worry. I wanted to fix an issue and in researching, I saw something that "may be the solution (but maybe not too)". So, the question is if I try adding an IOS or cIOS thinking that might be it, and it happens NOT to be the right solution, will it just "not work" or could I polute the system with too many ios things?
Re: Can you add too many IOS's?
January 14, 2010 04:41PM
Unless you touch the system menu or IOSes used by the system menu or installs something that causes a banner brick, you should be fine, but before you install anything you could just tell us what the problem is and we could probably tell you how to solve it (unless it related to piracy).

Also, if you have the opportuninty (have an old Wii), you could install bootmii first and do a bootmii backup and then try to fix your IOS problems. That way, you can alsways restore your Wii to how it was when you did the backup.
Re: Can you add too many IOS's?
January 14, 2010 05:38PM
You can't really "install too many IOS". All IOS are installed to particular slots, and if there already exists an IOS there and you install a new one, it will overwrite it. Official Nintendo IOS can only overwrite IOS with a lower revision, but if the IOS is "fakesigned" (i.e. patched and installed using trucha bug) it can overwrite any revision of the IOS. If no IOS exists in that slot, then it will be installed as a new IOS. There are 255 slots. You should not install any IOS ending in 0 (e.g. IOS60, IOS70 etc.) unless you are SURE you know what you are doing, as if that IOS is broken, your Wii will be fully bricked. Hope that helps, if you have any more questions fire away.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login