Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help needed

Posted by supermarioshin 
Help needed
January 18, 2010 06:04PM
can someone please give me an answer when i put in a wii disc like ssbb or mario galaxy it says update wii system i dont know what to do im on 4.2u and i totally softmodeded my wii im sick of looking at the disc update now people say its all right and nothing will happen but when i was about to do it it told me if i have any unothurize suff on my wii or if it fails it may brike or wont be able to play some games any more wow safe so please someone please tell me if it is okay to do it realy okay or show me another way pleases and thanks.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2010 09:18PM by SifJar.
Re: I NEED HELP !!!!!
January 18, 2010 06:10PM
No need to spam up all the other topics, just make your own. Also, backups aren't supported here. If the game thats giving you an update prompt is a backup, then we can't help you.
If the game is legitimate:
Try launching it through Gecko OS.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2010 06:11PM by WaxyPumpkin72.
Re: Help needed
January 18, 2010 09:19PM
Made this its own topic. Oh, the power of being a moderator =P.

EDIT: And to answer your question: The update is safe if you are on 4.2, you must just have some downgraded or missing IOS (probably the fault of a crappy "softmod guide" you followed), and the game just wants to install them. Provided you are on 4.2, I'm pretty sure nothing bad can happen from the update, unless for some reason something on your Wii relies on downgraded IOS, which is highly unlikely.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2010 09:22PM by SifJar.
January 18, 2010 09:51PM
okay one there non burned games that i put in and two sorry im new and i have been getting all kinds of answers so im a little freaked out but if i do the geco os thing it will get rid of the hole disc update thing? and to the other guy i hope your right just dont want wii to brik.
January 18, 2010 10:04PM
dude, use punctuation... please.
January 18, 2010 10:06PM
Gecko OS will ignore unnecessary updates and boot the game. it will only install essential parts of an update, if there are essential parts. i.e. it will only install the IOS that the game uses, and only if you do not have that IOS. This means it will not ever overwrite an IOS, so it is 100% safe to install the updates it prompts you to install. So you should launch the game through Gecko if you're cautious.
January 19, 2010 03:03AM
well geco os freezes on me so i guess ill do the update and see what happens.
January 19, 2010 05:18AM
did it wii's fine thanks for the help.
January 19, 2010 05:29PM
No problem. If you have any more problems, give us a shout.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login