Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

LU70 Wii running 3.4, can I/should I run CIOS/WAD stuff?

Posted by rock99rock 
LU70 Wii running 3.4, can I/should I run CIOS/WAD stuff?
July 06, 2009 12:18AM
Greetings, just got the Wii yesterday:) Serial starts with LU70, so its pretty recent. It came preinstalled with menu 3.4U. I installed the homebrew channel with [bootmii.org]. DVDx was installed as well, but the bootmii application wont work with my wireless controllers. Regardless...

What a I want to do first, is get Backup Launcher running. From the instructions I found here:

Link Removed

A copy and paste of the entire guide in the link removed
ENDQUOTE

That was taken from a post made last november. Is the info I am using too old?

I am not on the latest firmware. Is it ok for me to update to 4.0? Do I update to 4.0 from Nintendo, or one of these "WAD" things? Will updating kill my homebrew channel/ can i easily install it again using the bootmii method?

I apologize for all the questions, but it just seems that everytime I am about to run something, it says "NOT FOR LU64+ SYSTEMS". It doesn't seem like there are any options for someone with an LU70 system. I have searched high and low, but I have yet to find a definitive guide for my particular system.

Thank you for your time, and keep up the great work!

Rock

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2009 01:33AM by rock99rock.
Re: LU70 Wii running 3.4, can I/should I run CIOS/WAD stuff?
July 06, 2009 12:24AM
Hey, our site doesn't support/help with installing cIOSs and WADs so please look elsewhere.

Also, could you take and post a picture of your LU70 serial number please? Up until your post I didn't even know LU70's existed... With proof (like a picture) a lot of hackers would start investigating the LU70s.
July 06, 2009 12:54AM
My apologies for posting the link and guide, i did not know that was not allowed. I will begin reading the forum rules. Original message updated with picture.
January 24, 2010 02:48AM
I have a LU70 (my third wii) and it is running 4.0, having a little bit of issues with some installs, I got the homebrew channel through bannerbomb v2 though.
January 24, 2010 03:29AM
If you want to update, perform an official update. Unless you know what you are doing, updating with homebrew tools is likely to brick your wii or cause other problems. The update will not remove the latest homebrew channel.

You can do anything you want with an LU64+ wii except downgrade IOSes. Your wii can't run IOSes released before October 23 2008. If you downgrade your system menu below 3.4, it will need to use an older IOS; therefore, it will brick. However, it is alright to downgrade IOS 15 with Dop-IOS Mod or Trucha Bug Restorer in order to trucha patch an IOS.
January 24, 2010 02:01PM
ninjafish, you just bumped a very old topic. Don't do it again.

I'll lock this topic now, if you need to continue discussion, start your own topic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2010 04:34PM by SifJar.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.