Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Installing Homebrew on v4.3 - What to do?

Posted by Dragon 
Installing Homebrew on v4.3 - What to do?
June 29, 2010 10:38AM
Hi, im pretty new to this stuff, and i realised thta there was nothing telling you how to installing Homebrew on version 4.3 of the Wii menu/system thing. Anyone know how to safely install it without bricking your Wii?

any responses are welcome =)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2010 10:47AM by Dragon.
Re: Installing Homebrew on v4.3 - What to do?
June 29, 2010 10:52AM
dw, i got it all under control. i read later that you can still use Smash Stack or Indiana Pwns
June 29, 2010 11:36AM
Only way to use homebrew right now is Smash Stack of Indiana Pwns. They're currently working on a HackMii Installer to install the Homebrew Channel using the same method.
June 30, 2010 03:01AM
so, does that mean that i cant actually install Homebrew via Smash Stack?
June 30, 2010 03:31AM
You have to load only one homebrew each time, unless you put them in a folder and use Wii Homebrew Loader, then you get something similar to Homebrew Channel. This is what 4.3 has to do for the time being. When Hackmii Installer comes out, use Smash Stack with that.

Also, I have a question. Does Smash Stack work with an SDHC, since SDHC doesn't work for Brawl?
June 30, 2010 06:17AM
Dragon
so, does that mean that i cant actually install Homebrew via Smash Stack?
Correct. I suggest using LoadMii with Smash Stack. It will allow you to load any apps on your SD card.

Mestizo
You have to load only one homebrew each time, unless you put them in a folder and use Wii Homebrew Loader, then you get something similar to Homebrew Channel. This is what 4.3 has to do for the time being. When Hackmii Installer comes out, use Smash Stack with that.

Also, I have a question. Does Smash Stack work with an SDHC, since SDHC doesn't work for Brawl?
No it doesn't work with SDHC because it's limited to what the game can do. The reason Smash Stack is the best exploit out there is that since it only requires the file on the SD card, it can't be removed by Nintendo except on newer discs (of Brawl). This is because the System Menu doesn't have access to Brawl stages and there's no way for them to check if it's there because you could just remove the SD card. This means it can't be blocked such as the Twilight Hack was.
June 30, 2010 06:32AM
Darn. I got a 4GB SDHC memory card because it was on sale (good timing, since my cousin heard that the HBC requires an SD card, and he took mine and lost it. Fortunate for me, because I backed up my SD card on my computer beforehand, since I was looking for one anyway). Oh well, I have enough for another 2GB SD card, and could only use that for Smash Stack and Smash Bros data.
June 30, 2010 07:57AM
so, i can run single programs from my SD card without Homebrew, via Smash Stack?
June 30, 2010 10:05AM
It may now be possible to install HBC via SmashStack.

I have not tested this method, you use it at your own risk.

Note: I don't really advise doing this unless you are sure you want to risk it. It's posted more as a matter of interest for more experienced users than as a fix guide for noobs.

Download the latest version of Trucha Bug Restorer (1.13)
Use NUSD to download the oldest revision of IOS41 and pack to WAD
Use WadImport to install WAD of IOS41 (this works without any patched IOS because it is an official, signed IOS)
Load TBR and choose to run on IOS41.
Choose "Downgrade IOS15"
Exit TBR, then run it again.
Choose to run on IOS15 this time and patch IOS36 with all patches
Exit TBR and run one final time.
Choose to run on IOS36 and upgrade IOS15.
Then, install Priiloader and get the 4.3x hacks.ini.
In Priiloader, enable the "No Delete RDZx, HAXX, JODI, DVDX, DISK and DISC" hack
Run dop-Mii use it to downgrade IOS60 to its oldest revision
Run HackMii Installer which should now work (I think)

I realise this is a long method to use, but its the only way it is possible ATM. As there are several apps to run, you may want to use something like LoadMii (loaded via Indiana Pwns or Smash Stack, obv), so you don't need to re-do Indiana Pwns or Smash Stack each time.

For those interested, the reason this works is because IOS41 is a Korean IOS, which isn't installed in E/U/J updates, but it is correctly signed, so official IOS can install any revision of it, and the old revisions still have the bugs used by TBR.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2010 11:57PM by SifJar.
June 30, 2010 10:10AM
sorry, but i didnt really understand that...

if there is a single program that i want to run, and it can be run through Homebrew, can i just run it through Smash Stack instead of installing Homebrew?
June 30, 2010 11:34AM
If there's only one program, then Smash Stack should do the trick. Thing is, if you plan on keeping your SD card in your Wii, you'll have to sacrifice custom stages, or temporarily leave the exploit on your computer. However, you have to trade them out when you want them.
June 30, 2010 11:37AM
thats ok, the program that i want to run is only needed temporarily.

thanks to everyone for all the help, it was very much appreciated =)
June 30, 2010 11:45AM
sorry, to bother you guys again, but will this work if i need to install 4 wads?
June 30, 2010 01:40PM
i have found a tutorial of installation of Homebrew on 4.3

the link for the video is below:
[www.youtube.com]

i have not tried this myself, but there are people in the comments who have had success

thanks again to everyone for their help on this, and please tell people having my problem about the video =)
June 30, 2010 09:27PM
Dragon
sorry, to bother you guys again, but will this work if i need to install 4 wads?

You NEED to pirate? I fail to see the logic there. Take your warez elsewhere kthnx.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.