Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bootmii installed using small SD card

Posted by Biscut247 
Bootmii installed using small SD card
August 02, 2010 03:11AM
Okay, so I just installed homebrew onto my wii. I used an SD card that is around 50 MB large. this means its too small to hold a backup of the NAND files, and I was wondering if there was a way to put them onto a bigger SD card I got from walmart afterwards. the new one is formatted correctly, and is 4GB. I think that might be enough to store the backup, and still let me hack brawl (the only thing I plan to do with the homebrew channel, as of right now.)
Oh, and Im not sure if it matters, but the new SD card is SDHC, made by Sandisk, Formatted as FAT32, and I think its a class 2.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2010 03:18AM by Biscut247.
Re: Bootmii installed using small SD card
August 02, 2010 05:05AM
Just copy and paste the apps you want to use to the new sd card through your computer

P.S. I think that Brawl can't be hacked with a sd card bigger than 2 GB
August 02, 2010 05:12AM
Well, would that just be the bootmii folder, or do I include the .elf file that I used when I installed it too?
Oh, and you can use any sized SD card to hack brawl. the gecko, or whatever you use takes the hacks on the SD and uses them as sort of "patches" to go over the running files in the game. the actual game and its stupid size limit does not really play a part in the hack itself.
Update: okay, so I got it nice and backed up. now, theres one more question I have. Could I move the backed up NAND files onto my computer to save space on the SD card? And, Do I need anthing other than the NAND backup to run the backup, or is that it?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2010 05:47AM by Biscut247.
August 02, 2010 05:50PM
You will need both nand.bin and keys.bin to restore the backup. They can be safely moved to your computer until you need them. You will also need the /bootmii files to run BootMii, but those can be replaced if lost.
August 02, 2010 06:59PM
Okay, thanks. Both files are on my computer right now, so Ill just take 'em off the SD card and be done with it
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login