Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Trucha Bug restorer problems

Posted by LordOwl 
Trucha Bug restorer problems
July 09, 2010 06:39PM
Ok, I I was modding my friends 4.2u wii for him (previously virgin), installed hbc and bootmii with no problems, but I get the following problem while using trucha bug restorer to restore the trucha bug to IOS36.

On the first try it successfully downloaded the patched IOS36, but at step one it said "failed to set revision to 0"
I've seen other people having this problem who had cIOSCORP previously installed, but as I said, this was a virgin wii.
I tried a few times more (probably a stupid move) and I just got this screen:

help? thanks in advanced. I feel pretty n00b

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2010 06:40PM by LordOwl.
Re: Trucha Bug restorer problems
July 10, 2010 05:42AM
Be sure you are using the latest version of TBR. When downgrading IOS 15, try running it on a different IOS.
July 11, 2010 07:22PM
I have the latest version of TBR, and I've tried running on IOS 35 after downgrading, it didn't work still. is there any IOS in particular that may work? Thanks for responding

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2010 07:22PM by LordOwl.
July 11, 2010 09:57PM
LordOwl
I've tried running on IOS 35 after downgrading, it didn't work still.

After downgrading, meaning the downgrade was successful?

If this is the case, then you must run on IOS 15 to patch IOS 36.
July 12, 2010 11:40PM
winmaster
LordOwl
I've tried running on IOS 35 after downgrading, it didn't work still.

After downgrading, meaning the downgrade was successful?

If this is the case, then you must run on IOS 15 to patch IOS 36.

Yes downgrading to IOS 15 works usually works except sometimes I randomly get that code dump, and what do you mean? If you mean after downgrading trying to patch IOS 36, I've done that, and it messes up at step 1, saying "failed to set revision to 0" or something along those lines.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2010 12:47AM by LordOwl.
August 12, 2010 12:20AM
bump....
August 12, 2010 12:23AM
Have you downgraded IOS15 successfully? If so, run TBR again, and choose to run on IOS15. Then choose to patch IOS36 and apply all patches. It shouldn't be trying to set revision to 0 when patching IOS36, that only happens when downgrading IOS15.
August 14, 2010 10:20AM
Download and use Dop Mii

Load and Homebrew Channel and run DOP-Mii, on the IOS Selection Screen, select 'Install An iOS w/ fakesign' by pressing down on the d-pad then A on the wiimote. You should now be in the trucha bug restorer portion of DOP-Mii. Load IOS36 and select Downgrade IOS15. Each time it asks, select 'Download from NUS'
Make sure you get no errors. If Loading IOS36 doesn't work for this step, press B for no IOS reload when asked to load IOS. Although It should do these steps almost automatically, I'll just include the info.

In the fakesign installation, once iOS15 is downgraded, it should begin patching iOS36.. Make sure to install the patched IOS36 with all these patches selected (Just Say Yes to All of the ones that come up)
Install IOS to slot (36)
Hash Check (trucha) Yes
ES_Identify Yes
NAND Permissions Yes

Then Press A on Install Patched IOS36. Again, everytime it asks, choose 'Download from NUS'

On the same fakesign installation. Load IOS36 and select Restore IOS15. Each time it asks, select 'Download from NUS'
August 19, 2010 09:11PM
thanks everyone, I'll try and let you know if it works
August 19, 2010 09:51PM
I'm afraid TBR is no longer supported here, as any application that patches IOS is now forbidden on WiiBrew and its forums. So I have to lock this topic. Sorry.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.