Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Changing LOOK/THEME of HBC

Posted by sparks24 
Changing LOOK/THEME of HBC
October 22, 2010 04:47AM
Hi, I was wondering how you can change the look/theme of HBC. I saw on youtube that people had apps (specifically, emulators like snes9x and others) as their own channels, and the menu looking like a Wii main menu. I'm not sure if those people moved their apps out of the HBC and into their wii main menu as their own channels, or if those people changed the look of the HBC to look like the Wii main menu.

Thanks for your time.
Re: Changing LOOK/THEME of HBC
October 22, 2010 02:27PM
sparks24
Hi, I was wondering how you can change the look/theme of HBC. I saw on youtube that people had apps (specifically, emulators like snes9x and others) as their own channels, and the menu looking like a Wii main menu. I'm not sure if those people moved their apps out of the HBC and into their wii main menu as their own channels, or if those people changed the look of the HBC to look like the Wii main menu.

Thanks for your time.

The people on youtube pack previously made *.DOLs into *.WADs.If you're looking for how to make your own channels, you have to pack a *.DOL into a *.WAD. Then with WADImport or WADManager you can install the channels in your wii menu. WAD'S that are pure Home-Brew are allowed, but WADS about Piracy are not. For more info go to: Wii Channels. There are some videos on how to make WADs on youtube.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2010 02:31PM by Energizer.
October 22, 2010 06:06PM
You could theme HBC to look kinda like the System Menu. I dunno what this theme : [www.wiibrew.org] looks like in grid view, but I guess it could look reasonably like the System Menu.
October 22, 2010 07:25PM
Thanks alot. Do you know if it's as safe installing these, or as safe launching apps from these channels instead of the HBC?
October 22, 2010 07:25PM
Thanks, i'll check that one out.
October 22, 2010 08:24PM
Theming HBC is perfectly safe and can't cause any harm. Installing custom channels is more dangerous, and you shouldn't mess with it unless you know what you're doing.
October 22, 2010 08:44PM
If you install a channel with the wrong banner size, you will brick your wii. It is more recommended to edit HBC's banner than make your own banner.
October 24, 2010 12:32AM
Thanks for the info guys
October 29, 2010 08:37PM
Hi, well I'm not making my own banner per se, but I'm moving stuff from the HBC to the Wii menu. Say, snes9x. How would I go about doing that? If i download wadinstaller, is it automatic or would I have to make my own banner like you implied? And Can I still access the WiiWare/Virtual console if I have stuff like that on my wii menu? Or will it brick my wii?

Thanks in advance!
October 30, 2010 01:26PM
sparks24
Hi, well I'm not making my own banner per se, but I'm moving stuff from the HBC to the Wii menu. Say, snes9x. How would I go about doing that? If i download wadinstaller, is it automatic or would I have to make my own banner like you implied? And Can I still access the WiiWare/Virtual console if I have stuff like that on my wii menu? Or will it brick my wii?

Thanks in advance!

You should pack the snes9gx boot.dol into a *.WAD file, & use a WAD Installer such as WADDER to install it into your Wii Menu. As is everything, there is not %100 that it will not brick your wii.

For more information you could have a look at this 2 part tutorial:

Part 1: [www.youtube.com]
Part 2: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2010 01:27PM by ShadowSpectrum.
October 30, 2010 08:16PM
ShadowSpectrum
sparks24

Thanks in advance!

You should pack the snes9gx boot.dol into a *.WAD file, & use a WAD Installer such as WADDER to install it into your Wii Menu. As is everything, there is not %100 that it will not brick your wii.

For more information you could have a look at this 2 part tutorial:

Part 1: [www.youtube.com]
Part 2: [www.youtube.com]

Thanks for going thru the trouble to get me some info. I might not follow thru with this, considering it CAN brick my wii, so I'm paranoid about that. I'll just have to keep apps within hte HBC for now.
October 30, 2010 10:04PM
If you really do want to do it then you can get some brick protection. Such as Priiloader/Preloader or The Hackmii Installer to install BootMii as boot2.
November 02, 2010 08:46PM
WADder is not a WAD installer, it is a custom channel creator. It is also outdated and has been succeeded by CustomizeMii.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login