Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I NEED HELP!!!

Posted by BigNick815 
I NEED HELP!!!
December 15, 2010 11:56PM
Hello Everyone I have a soft modded wii and I had a guy do all the mods for me and he up and dissappeared... I am totally green when it comes to this and I could use all the help I can get... I need to update my wii and I have no idea how if someone could help me with this it would be very much appreciated... Mind you I have read the FAQS and they might as well be in german for I am lost... I just need to update but I don't know where to start...
Re: I NEED HELP!!!
December 16, 2010 02:27AM
If you want to update to 4.3 and keep HBC(homebrew channel) there are 2 ways, one is open HBC if its not 1.0.8 then it will ask you if it wants to update, this is if you have the wii connected to the internet. If not you can download the latest hackmii installer put it in your apps folder and run it through HBC and install the latest HBC version. Once HBC is updated to 1.0.8 then update to 4.3 and it won't be removed. But being you say its soft modded by somebody it more than likely has unsupported stuff on it and updateing could make it worse or brick it. One of the senior people that knows more will be along give them time.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login