Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

on v3.4U (which exploit do i use?)

Posted by env2121 
on v3.4U (which exploit do i use?)
December 23, 2010 05:44AM
I am very new to all this, i am mainly only interested in the wii emulators. Now i am on v3.4U and i've noticed more than one exploit, which has got me super confused. I've been doing some research before even trying anything and it looks so far that i can do the twilight hack with no problem. Am i right in my assumption?

I've looked over this installation guide

[wiisixtyfour.webs.com]

do i go along with this?

any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Re: on v3.4U (which exploit do i use?)
December 23, 2010 07:06AM
Yes, follow that guide (my guide) and you'll be fine. Rather than the Twilight Hack you may also choose to use the Bannerbomb exploit (v1). It is easier to use because it doesn't require a game. Other than that if you'd still like to use Twilight Princess, that guide shows how.
December 23, 2010 07:51AM
Thanks for that write up, It's extremely helpful. I'll check out the other method as well, i just found various YouTube vids on the twilight hack and thought it was pretty easy.

One last question on the main site it says this.

WiiBrew recommends that you run the latest version of the HackMii Installer and then optionally update your Wii to 4.3 using Nintendo's official updater.

Only update using the official update procedure. Downgrading or installing patched updates is unsupported, dangerous, and may permanently brick your Wii

Should I ignore that?
December 23, 2010 08:09AM
No, if you wish to update do it officially (via the Wii's System Settings), but of course you don't have to update if you don't want to. You should install the Homebrew Channel first before updating.
December 23, 2010 08:15AM
That's fine I only want to play emulators so as long as I can do that I don't care about updating. Thank you so much for your help.
December 23, 2010 08:21AM
No problem! Feel free to ask any more questions (as long as they are within the rules of this site).
December 23, 2010 08:50AM
Thanks again for the fast replies, I read over the banner bomb and it's definitely much easier!!!! I'll give that a go tomorrow when I pick up an sd card.

I can pick up any sd card correct? I don't specifically need the wii ones? Sandisk radio shack ones can do just fine?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2010 08:51AM by env2121.
December 23, 2010 09:44AM
most sd cards should work fine.
December 23, 2010 07:40PM
everything worked fine, but what do i do once i am at the homebrew channel blue screen? i was watching some videos and isn't their a download center within the channels to download the emulators? I'm stuck here and don't know what to do.
December 23, 2010 08:55PM
No, you must either get the Homebrew Browser (which let's you download homebrew apps on your Wii to the SD card) or put the emulators on your SD card yourself using your computer.
December 23, 2010 09:48PM
Yes I just looked around, everything works perfectly. The emulators work fantastically. Really appreciate the homebrew community for bringing me back to my childhood. Thanks again for all you're help. Your write up was extremely helpful. Fantastic forum support.

What else is nice to have from the homebrew browser, or what would you recommend.
December 23, 2010 10:27PM
There's media players such as WiiMC if you're into that sort of thing (playing music, videos, and movies on your Wii) and also theres quite a few homebrew games such as Super Mario War Wii and Helium boy (which reminds me of Balloon Fight for the NES). You can browse the WiiBrew wiki or the Homebrew Browser and see what you like.
December 23, 2010 11:33PM
Thanks I'll check out that Super Mario War!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login