Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Using the newest version of HackMii installer on 4.2

Posted by JosJuice 
Using the newest version of HackMii installer on 4.2
December 23, 2010 02:36PM
Hi! I have an old Wii (bought before Nintendo started blocking homebrew). HBC has been installed on it a few times before, but it was removed once I upgraded to 4.2E since I didn't upgrade to the newest HBC version. I am going to install homebrew again now and then upgrade to 4.3E in order to play a few new games that force a 4.3E install. I do not have any of the games required to use exploits other than Bannerbomb, so installing before I upgrade to 4.3E is important for me.

A few months ago, I read somewhere (can't remember the details) that the new HackMii installer uses an IOS exploit, or something like that. Does this mean that the new installer will install an IOS on my Wii? Will this IOS be left on my Wii after the installation is done, and is this something that could possibly be detected by Nintendo later?
Re: Using the newest version of HackMii installer on 4.2
December 23, 2010 08:49PM
Well technically yes, the HackMii Installer installs and uses BootMii as IOS, but it can be removed with the HackMii Installer as well.
December 23, 2010 09:52PM
Thanks for your help. I've installed HBC now (and removed BootMii IOS), and all of my homebrew works as great as on the earlier system menus.
December 24, 2010 11:31AM
BTW, Nintendo will most likely still be able to detect if you have at any point had HBC on your Wii.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login