Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

can't update to 4.3

Posted by magpie 
can't update to 4.3
January 03, 2011 12:08AM
hey everyone. first off, forgive me if I use the wrong terms/don't explain things in a clear way. if you need more info just let me know and i will do my best to answer. i looked at a few other posts in this forum for people who had the same problem but didn't see any answers yet.

my wii is about a year old and running 4.1. i used to live with a roommate who softmodded the wii using bannerbomb and installed homebrew channel. i am by no means savvy about this type of thing and i'm not sure what else, if anything, was done. i don't really game a lot and don't run pirated games on the system. recently for christmas i got rockband 3 for the wii, however when i tried to play it, every time i tried to load the game, the screen would go black and all wiimotes would turn off. i thought maybe it needed a system update, so i tried to update the system after reading that all the update would do would be to delete homebrew. the system wouldn't update (error 32007). I went into homebrew channel and deleted it as well as uninstalling anything that i could see an uninstall option on, then formatted the wii system memory. maybe that was a mistake? i then tried to update the wii system memory again, and then got error 32004. when i called the nintendo helpline, the first time i was told (after we changed some setting on my router and did some other troubleshooting steps) that due to the holiday the server was probably just busy and to try later as well as try to update at different times of day. I tried that for about a week and still wasn't able to update. I called nintendo again today and he ran me through the same steps, then told me that i would get that error if my wii had had any unauthorized software on it, even if i formatted the wii system memory. he suggested i try to take the wii to someone else's house to update it with a different connection, and if that didn't work i may be able to call back and send my wii in to get updated. i really don't think that it is a connection issue on my side.

honestly at this point i do not care if i have homebrew channel or any other unauthorized software on the wii, as it was not anything i used. i would just like to be able to play the game i got for christmas. does anyone have any tips on how i might be able to get the system to update? barring that, if i do end up having to send the wii in to nintendo, will they be able to tell that it was softmodded?

thanks in advance!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login