Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

4.1u to 4.3?

Posted by Spiffy577 
4.1u to 4.3?
January 04, 2011 09:03AM
Hello All,

I have system menu 4.1u. The only way I have avail to install bootmii is via the bannerbomb. I can install it either boot2 or ios. If I update to 4.3, what can I expect? What will be deleted or changed? Will I have to reinstall everything? If I did update to 4.3, that means I would have to install it a different way then bannerbomb right?

Could use some advice....

Thanks!

Josh
Re: 4.1u to 4.3?
January 04, 2011 08:49PM
Spiffy577
If I update to 4.3
1) what can I expect?
2) What will be deleted or changed?
3) Will I have to reinstall everything?
4) If I did update to 4.3, that means I would have to install it a different way then bannerbomb right?

1) Nintendo didn't add any new features so the system menu will work as always except for the shop channel that was updated.
2) If you first update the homebrew channel to the latest version it won't be deleted, however bootmii will most likely be deleted so you will have to reinstall it.
3) Same as above, if you update homebrew first then it won't be deleted (bootmii will still be deleted so you have to reinstall it)
4) Yes, you'll need either an NTSC copy of smash bros brawl or lego indiana jones to run the hackmii installer, more info can be found here
January 04, 2011 10:20PM
If I use priiloader, it says I can unlock the bannerbomb exploit on 4.3. Would that work? Secondly, if I update hbc, can I reinstall bootmii there? And since nin blocks the boot2 bootmii, how do I create a full(er) proof wii brick backup (like nand)?
January 05, 2011 07:29PM
+ I don't know anything about priiloader, sorry

+ The hackmii installer can be launched like any other app from the homebrew channel and if you update homebrew before updating the wii it won't be deleted so you will be able to access it and launch the hackmii installer

+ Bootmii has not been blocked, you can still install it (as boot2) even in system menu 4.3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login