Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SD card will not show anything on WII screen

Posted by jodshelt 
SD card will not show anything on WII screen
February 01, 2011 12:44AM
Tried loading .bin data on SD card and the wii will not read it. Using 16mb sandisk formatted to FAT. File is clicked Archive Only. SF8E file .bin.
Anyone know how i can get this work?
Re: SD card will not show anything on WII screen
February 01, 2011 03:06PM
use 7zip, put the entire folder tree on the SD card. So it should look like SD:\private\wii\SF8E\data.bin. Is this some kind of modified save file for Donkey Kong Country Returns?
February 01, 2011 11:02PM
yes that is right, it is for DK returns. What is 7Zip? I am a newb and do not know. The file i have tried is zip file . tks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2011 11:03PM by jodshelt.
February 01, 2011 11:16PM
7-Zip is a ZIP extraction program for the PC. It gets the files out of a ZIP. Have you extracted your ZIP? Have you placed the save at that exact location, that maniac mentioned? And what did you do after that? (What you should be doing, just in case, is put SD card in Wii, turn on Wii, click the "Wii" button in bottom left corner of System Menu, select "Data Management", then "Saves", then "SD Card" and it should show up if its in the right place on SD card)
February 01, 2011 11:19PM
I downloaded 7 zip, extracted everything to SD and then put into wii and still no icon in the save screen. Maybe i bricked it.
February 02, 2011 06:12PM
What do the files on your SD card look like? what folder is everything in?
February 02, 2011 07:03PM
here is what i a have of SD
SD:\private\wii\SF8E\data.bin
February 02, 2011 07:10PM
Hmm... this is strange. Everything is in the right place. This save file is for the American version of the game, that might have something to do with that.
February 02, 2011 07:48PM
Can you copy stuff from the Wii to the SD card? Maybe the card is incompatible?
February 02, 2011 07:59PM
jodshelt
I downloaded 7 zip, extracted everything to SD and then put into wii and still no icon in the save screen. Maybe i bricked it.

You did not brick anything. Brick means that something has all the use of a literal brick i.e. zero use as an electronic device. Unless your Wii no longer powers on or functions, you haven't bricked a thing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2011 08:00PM by SifJar.
February 03, 2011 09:35PM
Yes i have tried saving existing data from the wii and moving to SD card. Put the SD back and still nothing.
I tried a sandisk 16mb and a lexar 1gb. Both sd will not show up on wii screen. I can see the blocks are being used up but no icon.
February 04, 2011 08:08AM
I don't know what's wrong... Sorry.
February 07, 2011 07:56PM
Got it to work. Bought a wii SD card for $12.99 saved an existing game file to it then removed the .bin file and replaced with the unlock .bin
Thanks for the help and suggestions.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login