Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Upgrading Homebrew Channel (w/o internet)

Posted by mustgowhee 
Upgrading Homebrew Channel (w/o internet)
March 05, 2011 08:30PM
I have system update 4.2U, and Homebrew Channel 1.0.6 (with DVDx). The Wii can't connect to the internet through my apartment complex's WiFi (I can't change any settings), or through while tethered through my phone, or by [wifi->laptop->ad hoc on second card->personal router->wifi]. I initially installed Homebrew via the Twilight Hack. I own SSBB and a 2GB SD card.

2.5 questions:

1) What would be the recommended method for upgrading to 1.0.8? Uninstall HC then run Smash Stack? Run Smash Stack with old version still on Wii? Do something else entirely? Presumably I also need to install IOS 58?
1b) How do I uninstall DVDx, if necessary [if not, then never mind]?

2) Is it possible to enable the WiFi in Homebrew, even if I can't connect to Nintendo? Clicking the icon in the lower right (on 1.0.6) causes it to blink for several seconds, and then go back to grey. (asked elsewhere)

Thanks in advance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2011 03:08AM by mustgowhee.
Re: Upgrading Homebrew Channel (w/o internet)
March 05, 2011 08:38PM
Download the latest Hackmii Installer, and put it in a new folder on your SD card, somewhere in the apps folder. Then just open the Homebrew Channel and choose /apps/(folder name)/boot.elf. Then you can re-install the Homebrew CHannel, uninstall DVDx, etc. with ease.
Re: Upgrading Homebrew Channel (w/o internet)
March 05, 2011 11:23PM
Well installing was disgustingly easy. Glad I asked! Thanks metroid_maniac!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login