Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

So confused...pls help?

Posted by lostinspace 
So confused...pls help?
March 25, 2011 09:45PM
I've been googling for days and then started reading this forum....I'm totally lost. There are so many different options on how to fix up your wii....I've come across the ones you can buy - then see things that if you purchased you got scammed....update this and update that....

I have a 3.4 Wii. Can someone pls just explain to me (in plain, non-technical terms...ie...for dummies...ha ha)...how I can "fix up" my wii??

What to download, where to download, how to put on my SD card (like it says to extract to root? huh?).....etc, etc....??

Also...do I really need some other game in order to do this (twilight princess or zelda or ???) or can I do it without?

Should I be "upgrading my wii"? If so...how and when?

I'm just a plain old boring mom, trying to fix up the kids wii so they will play it more.

Thank you!!! :)
Re: So confused...pls help?
March 26, 2011 06:18PM
It's easy to setup a 3.4 wii so it can have additional features such as playing DVDs, playing a variety of free homebrew games, and using cheat codes in existing games. etc. Download Bannerbomb and the Hackmii Installer. IF there is a folder on your SD card before copying these called "private", rename this "privateold". Then copy over Bannerbomb and the Hackmii Installer, so the contents of the SD card is
SD:/
-private
--wii
---title
----atkn
-----content.bin
-boot.elf
Insert the SD card into the Wii, start up the Wii, and click the Wii Icon in the bottom left of the screen. Then click Data Management, Channels, SD card. Launch boot.elf and you will now see an anti-scam warning. Give it a minute and it will tell you to press 1 to proceed. Do so, and install the Homebrew Channel, and if you want protection against your Wii being bricked (having the functionality of a brick) install Bootmii as boot2.

Your Wii is now hacked, and you can go to this site to download some homebrew applications.
March 27, 2011 04:12PM
what would you like your kids to be able to do with the fixed up wii?

I only ask because usually kids that want to play and mess around with homebrew are hacking the wii themselves.

When a parent comes in to ask about hacking the wii, it's usually so the kids can play pirated nintendo games that they download from the internet.

I think it's awesome that you are hackin the wii for your kids... but if you are looking to get illegally downloaded official nintendo games, we can't help you with that... it's dangerous (easily break your wii) and we don't condone that.

Sorry, not implying that that is why you are here, just wanted to let you know before you found other websites telling you how to do it and then you accidentally ruin your wii.

BUT if that's not the case, we're happy to help. Start with what maniac said and let us know if you have any questions!
April 14, 2011 09:50PM
i was told not to take out the sd card... from seller.. can i take it out and add files to it?
April 15, 2011 05:22AM
Yes you can take the sd card out add files to it and put it back in, I did this to mine till I connected it to the internet and then used the homebrew browser to download what I want straight to the sd card.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login