Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New to this whole thing and stuck at HBC installation

Posted by DrkrZen 
New to this whole thing and stuck at HBC installation
February 25, 2012 12:21AM
Hopefully I can post this here and get some help to boot. Apologies, in advance, if this is both the wrong place to post this thread and/or the content isn't allowed.

I've been following a guide, that was posted in November 2011 and I've been told its out of date. I currently have the Homebrew Channel installed and in the upper right it says v1.0.8, IOS58, v24.32. I understand the HBC is used as a gateway to launch other apps and currently on my SD Card I have a folders entitled "apps", "private", "wad" and two files named boot.elf and IOS36-64-v3351.wad (this is where I hope I don't get banned after one post, this isn't posting about WADs, merely naming files I see).

From here, what should I do in order to get the fullest from my Wii? I don't quite understand WiiFlow installation from where I'm currently at with my Wii's softmodding. Also, will all things be launched through the Homebrew Channel? As I've seen in some videos people have custom channels for other things located at the Wii's channel menu next to official Nintendo channels.

Long story short, I'm a newb at this point. But I remember being in such a predicament with my PSP and DS, as well, before getting a handle on things and knowing the routine for plug-ins, games, etc. That said, thanks in advance for any and all help!
Re: New to this whole thing and stuck at HBC installation
February 25, 2012 12:47AM
You have homebrew channel. That is it done. We won't help you with "backup loaders" such as WiiFlow or WAD installation, or IOS patching (which is probably why you have IOS WADs on your SD card).
February 25, 2012 01:30AM
Dang, was hoping for a reply from 733rz. Um, thanks? I guess... lol.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2012 01:31AM by DrkrZen.
February 25, 2012 12:03PM
I don't see why you wanted him to reply... It's against the rules regardless.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login