Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homebrew crashing- emulators

Posted by pelican 
Homebrew crashing- emulators
January 01, 2013 02:08AM
Hey everyone. I've had the Homebrew Channel on my Wii for a few years now. I was planning on playing a lot tonight with company.

For some reason, when I launch the SNES emulator (snes9x I think?), it goes to a black screen, and says a whole bunch of error messages. I haven't tried much else, but I really want the SNES emulator to work.

I figured maybe I'll just get the latest version of homebrew on my SD card. But when I plug in my SD card to my computer, it says I have to format the disc to do anything to it. The SD card has some virtual console games and other stuff I think that I don't want to get rid of. It also must have the emulators and roms on it, because I can see them on my Wii (in the brief moments before crashing- Mario Kart plays for 5 seconds sometimes).

So what should I do? This has never happened before.

I can't remember how I set up Homebrew in the first place, that's why I'm so lost.

Any help will be truly appreciated.
Re: Homebrew crashing- emulators
January 01, 2013 07:50PM
Do you have the Homebrew Browser on your SD card?
January 03, 2013 07:17PM
I am having a similar problem. I was just using fce ultra gx 3.3.1 and now it won't load any of the roms. Screen gets a little dim like its about to load but nothing. I am just new to this seeing how I just put homebrew on 2 days ago. Help I wanna play my nes games.
January 05, 2013 07:53AM
I have the same symptom as theebassman on fce ultra gx when I block internet access at my wifi router. The only thing I could think of is maybe the developer has the software checking for updates and the code doesn't like it when it's blocked. Thinking of trying to shut off the wifi alltogether temporarily just to see if the behavior changes. I may also snoop the packets to see if it hangs connecting to a specific host (ie. googlecode.com) or view the source / hexedit the binary so I can see what needs to be open.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login