Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BootMii as Boot2 HELP

Posted by iOSJailbreaker 
BootMii as Boot2 HELP
April 08, 2013 09:51PM
helloo people...i am just new here...i am from croatia...and i need just one answer from you...my problem is .
i have black wii 4.3E..on the back is 2006 years...and my question is...can install bootmii like boot2 on my black wii
thank you a lot
Re: BootMii as Boot2 HELP
April 08, 2013 09:56PM
Easiest way for you to know is for you to run the HackMii Installer and see what it says. It will tell you if you can or not and won't let you install it if your Wii is too new. Anything else will be a guess.
April 08, 2013 10:10PM
hackmii told me..only can be installed as bootmii....is hat mean i cant protected my wii? thank you
April 08, 2013 11:13PM
I assume you mean can only be installed as IOS, it is BootMii so "installed as BootMii" makes no sense. And in that case, you cannot install BootMii/boot2, which does indeed mean you can't get the improved brick protection it offers.

But there's a great alternative called "common sense" i.e. not running random rubbish on your Wii without knowing exactly what it is supposed to do, and why you want that. Stuff like media players and other homebrew apps and games is completely safe. Potentially dangerous stuff is anything that mentions "install", "patch", "IOS", "System Menu", "theme" or something like that. Be careful with those sorts of apps and you should be fine. I've been using homebrew on my Wii without BootMii/boot2 for years and no harm has come to it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2013 11:13PM by SifJar.
April 08, 2013 11:30PM
but i heard something priiloder can use to unbrick wii...do u know somethibk about it....
June 04, 2013 01:41AM
Try this way and it will solve your problem.
If you think the boot2 doesn't work on your wii but if you really like to use bootmii, try to install bootmii as an IOS or, use preloader.
That's work like bootmii but it's much more better and if your wii is brick, you can fix by using preloader and also, you don't have to worry about NAND backup.
June 04, 2013 05:23PM
syc20099
Try this way and it will solve your problem.
If you think the boot2 doesn't work on your wii but if you really like to use bootmii, try to install bootmii as an IOS or, use preloader.
That's work like bootmii but it's much more better and if your wii is brick, you can fix by using preloader and also, you don't have to worry about NAND backup.

"but it's much more better" - ignoring the terrible grammar (I'll assume you're not a native English speaker and give you the benefit of the doubt there), no it isn't. It's considerably worse. preloader allows recovery from a few select types of brick. BootMii/boot2 allows recovery from virtually every software brick (only exception would be corruption of boot2, which could only happen when installing a boot2 update or updating BootMii/boot2, i.e. practically never happens).

Please stop bumping old topics to add information, especially when the information is often inaccurate or against the rules of the forums. (We don't want to discourage you from contributing, but please do so within the rules of the site, and make sure what you're posting is correct and accurate).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login