Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

wii shop help????

Posted by cupramen123 
wii shop help????
April 09, 2009 03:39AM
i have a twilight hacked wii. i want to use the wii shop channel, but have been told about losing homebrew capabilities. i have seen the wii shop channel and ios5 installer and the wii shop ios6 installer.

which one do i use

NOTE i have not used either at all before and i am on sytem menu ver 3.3 u

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2009 03:40AM by cupramen123.
Re: wii shop help????
April 09, 2009 03:57AM
Neither. Use WiiSCU.
April 09, 2009 02:59PM
My Wii's System Menu is 2.3E
Will twilight hack be blocked after using WiiSCU ?
Is 2 wiimotes required to use WiiSCU ?

I just want to update Wii Shop Channel. What does it benefit to install other things that WiiSCU does ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2009 03:08PM by QQQQ.
April 09, 2009 10:02PM
QQQQ
Will twilight hack be blocked after using WiiSCU ?
No.

QQQQ
Is 2 wiimotes required to use WiiSCU ?
I dont think so. I know the wiki page shows the two wiimote icon, but I dont think its required. In fact, I dont even know why that icon is there.

QQQQ
I just want to update Wii Shop Channel. What does it benefit to install other things that WiiSCU does ?
If you want, you can update just the Wii Shop Channel, or any of your other channels as well.
April 10, 2009 10:53AM
I just used WiiSCU to only update the Shop Channel. And now when i try to access to the Shop Channel, after i press the Start button, it returns to the Wii Menu like it returns when in the Home Menu is "Wii Menu" button pressed. Should i install IOS60 and/or IOS61 to get the Shop Channel to work ? And what if i choose to "Patch trucha bug back in" ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2009 01:10PM by QQQQ.
April 10, 2009 03:15PM
You need to install IOS 60 and IOS 61 to use the shop channel. Patching them is not required.
April 10, 2009 09:09PM
Will i be able to patch an some IOS if i do not choose to patch it for the first time i install it ?
April 25, 2009 06:05PM
The same thing happened to me. i got WiiSCU to update things, so what do i choose to fix it? (I think i read somewhere that if i update ios60 and 61 it will work but idk) and when i go to use it it asks "-Trucha" or "+Trucha". what does that mean? which one do i choose? (i looked it up on wiibrew's glossary and I still dont know which one to choose) also, do I update the shop channel as well? (p.s. I have System Menu version 3.3U)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2009 02:53AM by Megaman0722.
April 27, 2009 09:16PM
Megaman0722
The same thing happened to me. i got WiiSCU to update things, so what do i choose to fix it? (I think i read somewhere that if i update ios60 and 61 it will work but idk) and when i go to use it it asks "-Trucha" or "+Trucha". what does that mean? which one do i choose? (i looked it up on wiibrew's glossary and I still dont know which one to choose) also, do I update the shop channel as well?
It doesn't matter which one you choose.

Yes, you must update the shop channel as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2009 09:16PM by Arikado.
April 28, 2009 07:25PM
I had the same problem last week and I updated IOS61 and that fixed my problem.
April 28, 2009 08:58PM
isn't IOS61 for USB 2.0?
August 11, 2009 12:28AM
I also have this issue. I have used WiiSCU to update the Shop Channel, those IOS's (one at a time, so that I know each fully installed properly), and I even bought Sonic and the Black Night so I could use it to install IOS5.5. And still, after all that, I am experiencing the same issues everyone else is - the shop channel still takes me immediately back to the Wii main menu, and the Home Brew Channel still freezes at a black screen the instant I try to start it. Basically, I've done everything that I've been told to do by various people, and nothing's working yet. What can I do now to get the HBC and the Shop Channel up and running again?
Please assist me with this. Thank you in advance.

Respectfully yours,
MW42
August 11, 2009 05:41AM
Try using the -Trucha option to install the IOSes, and afterwards reinstall the Wii Shop Channel.
August 11, 2009 04:55PM
I'll give it a shot. I reinstalled the HBC and now it's working, but I'll have to try that method for the shop channel and see if it works.
December 08, 2009 04:19PM
Hi all. I installed Wiiscu 2.3 and updated everything (using system 3.X) Everything works and I get into the shop channel. However after a few minutes of browsing the channel frooze. Rebooted wii and tried again with the same results. Any ideas?

Thanks!
December 09, 2009 04:45AM
Does it start freezing at any part in particular?
December 10, 2009 03:00PM
@Arikado: should this be moved to off topic because this isnt a hbc app and has nothing to do with the fact of hbc exact that he/she needs to install ios
December 10, 2009 06:12PM
@aidenharris:
Pm instead please kthnx. Also, I prefer Getting Started ;)

@geodoc:
My initial advie no longer applies. Use my Dop-IOS MOD instead.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login