Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Newbie questions: Netflix and USB

Posted by Quispaul 
Newbie questions: Netflix and USB
August 17, 2013 12:11AM
I have put off softmodding my wii for the longest time and figure it is time to give it a go, I have 2 things I just want to check in on before I start though. I am on the 4.3U update.

1) I am in Canada and have my region set as US and my primary and secondary DNS servers set so that I can access US Netflix. Will the Letterbomb / Homebrew install have any possible effects on my Netflix setup?

2) One of the things that put me off installing softmod before was issues that I read about regarding USB controllers, namely rock band drums and guitar. Is there anything I should be prepared for to make these things work (with original game discs).

I think those are my only 2 concerns, thanks in adance for any guidance.

Cheers,
Paul
Re: Newbie questions: Netflix and USB
August 17, 2013 03:01AM
Installing the Homebrew Channel will not affect your network/internet setup or the way your games work. If the USB controllers work in-game, they will continue to work. Some USB controllers won't work with homebrew apps themselves, however.
Re: Newbie questions: Netflix and USB
August 30, 2013 07:48PM
Any issues you have read about concerning USB controllers are probably referring to backups, which rely on often poorly coded "cIOS" (essentially modified versions of important system files). Due to the poor coding of these "cIOS", USB controllers are sometimes broken in backups. With original games, they should always be fine.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login