Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

When Is The Exact Release Date Of The New Exploit?

Posted by IHackYou 
Re: When Is The Exact Release Date Of The New Exploit?
April 14, 2009 12:03AM
your proff sir

[www.youtube.com]
April 14, 2009 12:15AM
omg

Please to god hope this is true and we will get it soon

my eyes are bleeding after reading forum after forum for 2 days straight lol
April 20, 2009 12:48AM
"This video has been removed by the user"
April 24, 2009 12:55AM
...well, that can't be good, lol
April 24, 2009 02:10AM
the owner of the video that was deleted is called "ChaosC57"
If you search his name, the video was re uploaded, he deleted it because he gave wrong information.
April 24, 2009 05:48AM
You know, personally, I can't wait for it to be released sooner rather than later. I was reading on HackMii that a program called BootMii (which is supposed to let anyone with any firmaware version, even 4.0 install the Homebrew Channel) is supposed to have a public beta released in two to three weeks, according to their estimations. I can't wait to try it out and I hope that it won't brick my Wii or anything (which I have confidence that it won't).

Oh, and hi to everyone on these forums who are reading this. As you can tell, I'm new to these forums (1st post!) and to the Homebrew Channel (before yesterday, I didn't even know that it existed!) and I can't wait to start playing games like Brawl in a whole new way!
April 24, 2009 06:18AM
Erm, bootmii isn't a program to let people on any firmware install the homebrew channel. It needs to be installed with the homebrew channel first. But once installed, yes, it is an immediate way to run unsigned code. Unsigned code which may be used to install the HBC.
April 24, 2009 06:27AM
But wait a sec, then. I have the 4.0 update. So how am I able to get the Homebrew Channel?

Or are you saying that I can get the Homebrew Channel on, say, an SD card with the boot mii and install it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2009 06:29AM by nintendude.
April 24, 2009 08:41AM
BootMii won't install the Homebrew Channel, it will allow you to run Homebrew no matter what the system menu does. You need the Homebrew Channel (or Twilight Hack) to install BootMii. I'm assuming Team Twiizers will find an exploit to use on 4.0 for the installation
April 24, 2009 04:40PM
Or you'll end up using comex's exploit to run unsigned code for said installation.
April 24, 2009 08:35PM
Based on what I've read, I'm assuming that the exploit will allow you, through BootMii, to install Homebrew without the Zelda hack (it'd be nice not to worry about renting it and whatnot). Plus, wouldn't you not be able to do the Twilight hack anyway since Nintendo patched it up?
April 24, 2009 09:36PM
The new exploit (comex's) has nothing to do with bootmii or twilight princess. What the hell are you reading?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2009 09:36PM by Arikado.
April 24, 2009 11:21PM
Arikado
The new exploit (comex's) has nothing to do with bootmii or twilight princess. What the hell are you reading?

Sorry if I misread, but are you saying that Comex's exploit is supposed to enable you to install Homebrew on the Wii (4.0 and below) and then you use BootMii to run it? And if not, then how am I supposed to get Homebrew on my virgin 4.0 Wii? (Again, sorry if this hasn't "clicked" with me yet, but I'm trying to fully understand and I'm a little tired right now...)
April 24, 2009 11:25PM
An "exploit", be it comex's Bannerbomb or Twiizer's Twilight Hack, is nothing but a way to run unsigned code on the Wii.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2009 11:25PM by Arikado.
April 25, 2009 12:00AM
Arikado
An "exploit", be it comex's Bannerbomb or Twiizer's Twilight Hack, is nothing but a way to run unsigned code on the Wii.

Alright, but ultimately, what does this mean for people like us who have virgin 4.0 Wiis?
April 25, 2009 01:26AM
Comex's exploit is expected to be able to launch programs on a "Virgin 4.0 Wii".

BootMii is a loading utility which loads almost as soon as the Wii is switched on: an entirely separate endeavour which will not help you out with your new Wii. It will have reduced functionality on more recent Wiis, as well, for technical reasons which I suggest you read up on either on the wiki or hackmii. For links, just scroll up to the top of the page.

Also, the exploit which enabled the Homebrew Channel to install itself has been fixed on 4.0, which means that you won't be able to install it until a workaround is developed (if at all).

So, for someone like you, Comex's exploit will enable you to run homebrew apps, but you still won't be able to install the homebrew channel.
April 25, 2009 01:31AM
alainvey
Comex's exploit is expected to be able to launch programs on a "Virgin 4.0 Wii".

BootMii is a loading utility which loads almost as soon as the Wii is switched on: an entirely separate endeavour which will not help you out with your new Wii. It will have reduced functionality on more recent Wiis, as well, for technical reasons which I suggest you read up on either on the wiki or hackmii. For links, just scroll up to the top of the page.

Also, the exploit which enabled the Homebrew Channel to install itself has been fixed on 4.0, which means that you won't be able to install it until a workaround is developed (if at all).

So, for someone like you, Comex's exploit will enable you to run homebrew apps, but you still won't be able to install the homebrew channel.

But I need the Homebrew Channel to use codes for games, right? I want to use Ocarina for games like SSBB, will this at all work if I'm able to run Homebrew apps?
April 25, 2009 02:56AM
nintendude
Arikado

Alright, but ultimately, what does this mean for people like us who have virgin 4.0 Wiis?
LOL.

In other words you dont know what unsigned code is, do you? Its unauthorized code (or our code). We can make anything with code. We can make an HBC installer, Bootmii, a game, a cheat code manager, a port, an emulator, etc.

To answer your question above this post, the HBC does nothing but load .dol files. An exploit can load and run .dol files too. You just won't have the convenience of a channel, so you'll have to crash your Wii (AKA run the exploit) every time you want to run a .dol
April 25, 2009 04:08AM
Arikado
nintendude
Arikado

LOL.

In other words you dont know what unsigned code is, do you? Its unauthorized code (or our code). We can make anything with code. We can make an HBC installer, Bootmii, a game, a cheat code manager, a port, an emulator, etc.

To answer your question above this post, the HBC does nothing but load .dol files. An exploit can load and run .dol files too. You just won't have the convenience of a channel, so you'll have to crash your Wii (AKA run the exploit) every time you want to run a .dol

Before I give my response, I just wanted to let you know that I'm not a programmer or anything, so I don't speak nor type your language. Even though I have to say, it's amazing how you guys can learn an understand programming languages. I've tried to learn things like C++ and Javascript in high school, but I just didn't get that interested nor did I really "get it." So that explains why I'm oblivious to most of the tech talk around here (as far as programming and stuff like that is concerned, not to say I'm not tech savvy or anything...).

*Ahem* Anyway, well it seems that you've answered a basic question I wanted to know, but let me ask it in another way just to be certain: Can I use Ocarina to use codes on games like SSBB? I mean, it's not a big deal if I have to reload codes for game cheats or anything when I turn on my Wii. After all, the whole reason of why I'm so interested in the HBC is because I want to play and do the things that I've seen others do on the SSBB hack videos on YouTube. In other words, this new exploit that this Comex guy is working on/testing/finalizing is what Action Replay was to GCN (for my purposes with Ocarina), right?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2009 04:12AM by nintendude.
April 25, 2009 09:39AM
There will be a way (possibly with the application Gecko OS or similar), but it will be a bit more complicated than just using ocarina in the HBC. Wait till it's out, then ask again.

Edit: Actually, given the way it works, I think you might just be able to run ocarina with Comex's exploit and have it reboot with cheats in place. Basically, yes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2009 09:41AM by alainvey.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login