Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii Disk drive locked out?

Posted by wiinoob 
Wii Disk drive locked out?
November 14, 2013 05:46AM
Hi.

Please bear with me, I only bought my Wii today so that I could play my GameCube games (via SD) without the risk of them getting damaged and to invest in some Wii games (finally).

I got HBC working fine.

I then got a bit confused by the process and watched a few videos and read some forums.

I seem to have hit a wall. I managed to back up a couple of my games but then when I went to test them it just locks out?
I decided to then try and play a standard game, but have a feeling that I have done something/flashed something that I wasnt supposed to because I can't even start a disk even after a factory reset. I just get a black screen and the Wii freezes.

I'm not sure how the IOS etc side works and have a feeling I've done something that has locked me out of reading disks. (I don't know if this is anything to do with MODMii or some other issue, but need to get it back in to original state so that I can check that the drive is still working or not.

What is the best way to fully restore everything back to 4.3 so that I can run disks and start over?

Thanks in advance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2013 05:46AM by wiinoob.
Re: Wii Disk drive locked out?
November 14, 2013 12:52PM
We do not support backup loading of any sort here.

However, I will say that with legit backups, Devolution is the best solution of GC backups as it requires no modification of system files (e.g. MIOS, IOS etc.) and doesn't allow piracy.

Anyway, for restoring your Wii from the messed up state you've got it into, try DOP-Mii to reinstall clean versions of MIOS and any patched IOS you installed.
November 14, 2013 02:54PM
Ah! Found this helpful for anyone else (I used DOP-Mii):

"Install ios80-v6944
Install system menu 4.3 for your region
Update ios 9, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 21, 22, 28, 31, 33, 35, 36, 37, 38, 53, 55, 56, 57, 58, 61
Update all needed channels"

All working fine again now as default, thank you!
November 14, 2013 03:01PM
..Just trying out Devolution as it makes more sense rather than having to mess around with the system!
(Thanks once again!)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login