Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Do I need an SD card after the homebrew channel install?

Posted by Scarecrow 
Do I need an SD card after the homebrew channel install?
September 23, 2012 01:41AM
I am trying to find a way to mod my Wii without buying another new SD card. I want to take the one out of my digital camera, use it to homebrew my Wii, and then remove the data and keep using it for my camera. I have several USB drives I can use for storage afterwards, but I don't want to have to keep moving my SD card around whenever I want to use my Wii. Will this be sufficient, or is an SD card still required for homebrew data to load from after the initial install?
Re: Do I need an SD card after the homebrew channel install?
September 23, 2012 03:23AM
No will need to leave the sd card in to load HBC stuff after install, you can install HBC then use the usb drive to put your data on to load back HBC, just have to use a sdcard to install I think. Or get another sd card they are fairly cheap for 1 or 2 gig card.
September 23, 2012 06:17PM
Actually you dont need an sd card after the homebrew install. The HBC can read apps off of USB Drives. It works with my MP3 Player and Amazon Kindle.
September 23, 2012 08:17PM
Scarecrow
I am trying to find a way to mod my Wii without buying another new SD card. I want to take the one out of my digital camera, use it to homebrew my Wii, and then remove the data and keep using it for my camera. I have several USB drives I can use for storage afterwards, but I don't want to have to keep moving my SD card around whenever I want to use my Wii. Will this be sufficient, or is an SD card still required for homebrew data to load from after the initial install?
That will be sufficient.
March 02, 2014 04:18AM
[/sup Um this is kinda old but i dont get it. wanna homebrew my wii, but do i neeed to keep the sd card IN the wii after installation??? PLease reply guys! THX!!!
March 03, 2014 07:05PM
No you don't. You only need the SD card in the Wii whem you want to run homebrew or you may use a USB drive to store homebrew apps.
March 04, 2014 12:06PM
Thanks dude!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login