Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

safe to remove bootmii?

Posted by mikey63 
safe to remove bootmii?
November 22, 2014 08:19PM
Is it safe to remove bootmii?

I want to setup a wii for my daughter that boots directly into normal wii channels rather than have to use a cotroller or reset button to do so but not sure if removing bootmii will effect the systm?
Re: safe to remove bootmii?
November 22, 2014 09:48PM
or is it possible to alter bootmii to auto start wii channels after short delay unless reset button is pressed, or something like that so that the benefits of it are still available.

only just installed hackmii etc, so very new to this, do have original xbox & xbmc and realise a way back is vital but not sure how to use bootmii to back up and what to back up?
Re: safe to remove bootmii?
November 23, 2014 08:45AM
FOR OTHER NEWBIIS OUT THERE..........

Discovered via google that you just rename bootmii, for example to bootyou and the system doesn't boot it.
then if you have problems just put the sd card into pc and rename as bootmii so that the wii recognises and boots prior to wii system.

important to backup wii nand via bootmii as soon as possible so that you have a safe backup.

I haven't read yet on how the backup is saved to sd and if it overwrites any other info on card or finds empty slot? or if it requires anything else on the sd card to reinstall. If not I plan to save it to a seperate sd to keep safe incase of emergency
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login