Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homebrew on Wii Mini?

Posted by ndfoundation 
Homebrew on Wii Mini?
January 08, 2015 03:28AM
Hello everyone. I'm not totally new to the scene. I've hacked several Wii's in the past. However I have a question. I have recently opened a charity to help kids suffering with Cancer and as part of the charity I will be installing Wiis in every room of the Cancer wing of Children's Hospitals. The Wii U is too bulky and has too much surface area to keep free from germs for these kids so I want to use the regular Wii. I know that the new Wii minis are what is currently available in the market but before I go and buy a bunch of these I needed to know if these could be cracked. I know these do not have Wifi and I was wondering if I can still install Homebrew to get USB-Loader running without wifi.

It is important to be able to do this. The need to crack them comes from the need to not handle disks. These kids are immune compromised so spreading germs could be deadly. The games will be purchased so there is no piracy issues.

Any information will be appreciated.

Carlos Diaz
Nicolas Diaz Foundation Founder

Nicolas was my son. He passed away at the age of 5 from Cancer. Just trying to make the world a little brighter in his name.

If you need more info on what we do you can check out our site. [www.nicolasdiazfoundation.org]
Re: Homebrew on Wii Mini?
January 08, 2015 06:01AM
They also don't have an SD card slot so there is no possible method of getting them to run unsigned code, meaning homebrew is not possible.
Re: Homebrew on Wii Mini?
January 08, 2015 05:21PM
Well that certainly throws a kink in the works. :( So I'm stuck with either using Wii U consoles or buying used Wii consoles and dealing with potential hardware failures.

Thanks for the response. If anyone else has an idea please let me know.

Carlos Diaz
Nicolas Diaz Foundation Founder

Nicolas was my son. He passed away at the age of 5 from Cancer. Just trying to make the world a little brighter in his name.

If you need more info on what we do you can check out our site. [www.nicolasdiazfoundation.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2015 11:26PM by ndfoundation.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login