Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Restoring a Wii

Posted by Romano2K 
Restoring a Wii
March 30, 2015 01:26AM
Hello there!

I have used and "hacked" a Wii years from now, which I sold. Now I'm in a retrogaming mood so I've re-bought a second hand Wii, which is already hacked. There's a HackMii SD card, The Homebrew Channel, WAD loaders and cIOS installed.

I know it's forbidden to ask about WADs and cIOS but what I want to do is properly uninstall them. In fact I don't even know what they do, I've read the glossary but I don't really understand. Is it safe to remove WAD managers? What are they used for?

So is there a proper way to remove them? Or is it simpler to start from scratch? I'd rather do this, I spent the night to re-read tutorials on BootMii.org, LetterBomb tutorials, I'm confident with the process.

I just don't know how to properly restore a hacked Wii to its default state, can you help me? Is there any specific thing so that I still can hack it after? (like preventing an update)

Here's what I know of this Wii I bought:
SysMenu 4.3E
boot1b
boot2v4

IOS58 v24.32

BootMii v1.2
Stub v1.3
Mini v0.3

The Homebrew Channel 1.0.8

Thank you in advance! :)

Glad to see BootMii.org, LetterBomb and other websites are still up and running.
Re: Restoring a Wii
April 01, 2015 05:31PM
Up ! ;-)
February 21, 2016 03:34AM
It is safe to uninstall all WADs and cIOSes manually. Search through each folder of your SD (be SURE not to modify anything) and if you see any files with the extensions .wad or .ios, delete them. If you can't tell normal IOSes from cIOSes, test them in your Wii.
February 21, 2016 08:37PM
HomieBrewChannel
It is safe to uninstall all WADs and cIOSes manually. Search through each folder of your SD (be SURE not to modify anything) and if you see any files with the extensions .wad or .ios, delete them. If you can't tell normal IOSes from cIOSes, test them in your Wii.
Please don't' respond to posts that are more than a few months old if you have nothing informative to add. There is a big difference between uninstalling a WAD file and deleting it from your SD card.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login