Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

GUIDE: How to use bannerbomb to run homebrew with loadmii OR Hackmii Installer

Posted by Kage52124 
Re: GUIDE: How to use bannerbomb to run homebrew with loadmii
May 13, 2009 12:44AM
That's what happened to me as well Sffadsad. I'm too lazy to do any more testing on it though a.t.m. :-P
May 13, 2009 01:02AM
No testing needed. [wiird.l0nk.org]

There is incompatibility with the current version of bannerbomb and gecko. It may be because of the fact that it doesn't use UNIX time.
May 13, 2009 09:01PM
billsfan444
oh my god!! after two days straight of trying, i got the homebrew app on my wii!! Kage, will you marry me?

i want to play mario kart wii online with whatever items i want..... can somebody point me in the direction of what i need to install now to do that????

edit: yeah I'm a huge bills fan, i went to some of their games. but I don't live in the buffalo area.

I do not mind in game cheating at all, I say go for it, but online your ruining everyone else's fun. I really hate online cheaters. By the way Nintendo also banns cheaters from Mario kart wifi and bans your wii from all Wifi services (Including other games such as brawl).
May 13, 2009 10:06PM
Got a little off topic there. Oops. Well anyway I hope the guide has been helpful and feel free to post questions!
May 15, 2009 10:35PM
im having problems installing it. basically it keeps crashing at variouse points. it crashes if i try to download the update for homebrew. it crashes if i try downloading the image file, if i skip that out it crashes when i get onto the homebrew browser!!! help! im using a virgin wii with 4.0E. on the sd card i have
\private (the bannerbomb folder)
\boot.dol (from loadmii i think)
\apps\homebrew_browser (with the homebrew folder in it)
May 15, 2009 11:44PM
All that sounds great, are you remembering to let your wiimote idle out in LoadMii? I've been quite emphatic about that :-P.

Note that now you can replace LoadMii with the Hackmii installer if you'd like.
May 16, 2009 12:02AM
i tried leavin it to idle out but for some reason it wouldnt. after a while i took the bateries out and it wouldnt reconnect?
May 16, 2009 08:53AM
v104 of bannerbomb don't idle out for some reason. Try v102, i know that works and maby v103 (haven't tested it).

To download older versions klick ...others? on the bannerbomb page and then archive/
May 16, 2009 05:13PM
finally got it all installed sort of. i installed bootmii to boot2 then i installed homebrew channel then dvdx. when i turn on the wii n it goes to bootmii menu i have 2 use gc controller is that normal? an when i go onto the homebrew channel it just comes up with a blue screen with bubbles on it??

EDIT: got it all working now. your a flamin legend for this guide

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2009 06:15PM by bobadopalis.
May 16, 2009 11:31PM
idk why but it isen't working for me?

I get to the SD card menu and i get the prompt
I click yes and it loads the .dol file
The screne goes to the HBC loader screne thing
It tries to install the HBC
it says "instalation failed"

What now?
May 17, 2009 08:33PM
I've updated the initial guide. Basically try disabling WiiConnect24 first and don't do the SD card menu, go through data management, wii channels, then sd card (wow I'm getting repetitive :-P)
Well I got loadmii to work but nothing like ocarina loads with it what do I do now? Or can someone just tell me how to install the HBC using this thing
Re: GUIDE: How to use bannerbomb to run homebrew with loadmii OR Hackmii Installer
May 17, 2009 09:58PM
Use the HackMii installer from [www.bootmii.org]
Ocarina doesn't work eh? Weird...anyway if you want to install HBC just replace the boot file you have for loadmii with the hackmii installer and run that.
Re: GUIDE: How to use bannerbomb to run homebrew with loadmii OR Hackmii Installer
May 17, 2009 11:34PM
Yeah, Gecko OS and Ocarina appear to have some compatibility issues with Bannerbomb :S Just install the Homebrew Channel and run them with it instead.
Man I'm not at all good at doing this can someone show me the exactly where and what I need to name the file I was given from the load me thing???
Lol what about it was confusing Yohsi? Do you want to install the Homebrew Channel or just stick with using Loadmii? Regardless of that, you should rename whichever file you do want to use to boot.dol or boot.elf, depending on what it ended with originally.

EDIT: Over 1000 views...heh heh heh, insert prideful smile here!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2009 03:52AM by Kage52124.
Nice guide Kage52124.

Unfortunately, none of the bannerbomb zips seem to work for me.

I have tried about 50 combinations and all I ever see is a blank-looking SD.

Seems to be happening to others. See 2 more here:
[forum.wiibrew.org]

The good folks on IRC at Bannerbomb or WiiHelp are stumped so far.

So it looks like there are some virgin Wiis this exploit doesn't work on yet.
And just my luck, I have one of them.

I hope Comex will notice and come charging to the rescue some time soon...
It's a sweet hack and I want to be able to use it to get HBC!
I didn't get that I had to rename the file to boot. whatever

Edit: didn't work I tried changing the name of the bootmii file to boot.dol and boot.elf didn't work... Should I try a new version of bannerbomb? What is anoying is all I want to use this for is Ocarina and Gecko OS and thoes are the 2 things that don't work with loadmii?

Edit 2: I got it to work I named it boot.elf.elf by mistake i is smarts

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2009 08:44PM by Yohsi6852.
YeloSno
Nice guide Kage52124.

Unfortunately, none of the bannerbomb zips seem to work for me.

I have tried about 50 combinations and all I ever see is a blank-looking SD.

Seems to be happening to others. See 2 more here:
[forum.wiibrew.org]

The good folks on IRC at Bannerbomb or WiiHelp are stumped so far.

So it looks like there are some virgin Wiis this exploit doesn't work on yet.
And just my luck, I have one of them.

I hope Comex will notice and come charging to the rescue some time soon...
It's a sweet hack and I want to be able to use it to get HBC!

Dude that blows, my sympathies. Are you sure you can't run ANYTHING? LoadMii or just some random app?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login