Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Geko OS questions

Posted by billsfan444 
Geko OS questions
May 12, 2009 11:19PM
Hello, I am trying to play mario kart wii with cheats on. And the only thing I really know is to use the Geko OS. I figured out how to get into the Geko OS, but how do you active cheats? Do you need to create a new folder on your SD card with cheats on it or something? Can somebody please help me or prove a link with step-by-step instructions?

thanks
Re: Geko OS questions
May 12, 2009 11:30PM
i am wondering the same exact thing.
May 12, 2009 11:32PM
I just tried using bannerbomb with loadmii, then going into geckoOS and running RE4 with some cheats. It was NOT ABLE to load the disk (although geckoOS itself did indeed load). I think this could have something to do with how bannerbomb has trouble with disks in the drive. I'm not too sure about this though, any other thoughts?
May 12, 2009 11:34PM
works fine with mine. when is says to put the disc in you put it in and press reset.

well thats what i did with the save installer/extracor.
May 12, 2009 11:36PM
so how do you put codes in in the first place? i found a list of it's codes, but how to i input them?? do i create a new folder in the "apps\geko18" or what?
May 13, 2009 12:10AM
If you want to know more, you should read up on both GeckoOS AND Ocarina, since it was Ocarina that first did cheats for the Wii in this fashion, then later Ocarina was integrated into GeckoOS. I still don't recommend you cheat online though, eventually you could get banned; not sure how Nintendo does banning, but if it's by IP address, that'd blow. Imagine explaining to your ISP, "yeah I need a new static IP because i got banned from Nintendo WiFi." Yarg...
May 13, 2009 12:25AM
Kage52124
I still don't recommend you cheat online though, eventually you could get banned; not sure how Nintendo does banning, but if it's by IP address, that'd blow. Imagine explaining to your ISP, "yeah I need a new static IP because I got banned from Nintendo WiFi." Yarg...
... and as you mentioned in another thread, it really is a jackass thing to do.
May 13, 2009 12:33AM
PhoenixTank
Kage52124
I still don't recommend you cheat online though, eventually you could get banned; not sure how Nintendo does banning, but if it's by IP address, that'd blow. Imagine explaining to your ISP, "yeah I need a new static IP because I got banned from Nintendo WiFi." Yarg...
... and as you mentioned in another thread, it really is a jackass thing to do.
... and lots of people are afraid of hackers too. My friend (retrotails) logged onto a game with 12 mario karters under the screen name H@cker (or something like that). Literally 5 minutes later, everyone except for 3 people logged out. He wasn't even using codes, thats just the screen name he uses. The cheaters ruin the game for everyone and I'm glad Nintendo is taking a stand against them finally.[/rant]

BTW, Kage, I'm pretty sure Nintendo bans people based on their Wiis unique connection ID or their unique friend code number. Reformatting your Wii supposedly unbans you (as it erases that number).
May 13, 2009 12:46AM
Is that how it works? Another thing I'm not going to try myself in order to find out!!! I'll just laugh when some poor schmuck who needed all those red turtle shells gets banned :-D.
May 13, 2009 02:52AM
For the record, i only want to hack mario kart online because of how horribly un-balanced the game is. I'm really good at the game, but I always get screwed over by blue shells. So is it really that wrong to be able to use a star all the time when I'm about to get hit by blue shells? Kage called me a jack-ass for wanting to do so, but I call it leveling the playing field.

Anyways, Bannerbomb won't let me load the game with cheats, it always freezes. So I'm probably going to downgrade my Wii version tomorrow, and install the twilight hack. I know it's not a good idea to downgrade, but I'm probably going to do it anyways. Thanks for all the help anyways, you guys are great.
May 13, 2009 03:05AM
Uh, the game can be very harsh, and make you swear in languages you don't speak, but it isn't unbalanced.
MK has been known for rubber band AI since... forever? It is not a racing sim.
Cheating = removal of balance. Chaos is fair, as long as you play enough.

Fair warning: Your wii may well end up bricked.
May 13, 2009 03:14AM
billsfan444
For the record, i only want to hack mario kart online because of how horribly un-balanced the game is. I'm really good at the game, but I always get screwed over by blue shells. So is it really that wrong to be able to use a star all the time when I'm about to get hit by blue shells? Kage called me a jack-ass for wanting to do so, but I call it leveling the playing field.
Umm that's just part of the game... besides that, you will get banned.
May 13, 2009 05:08AM
Don't worry about me calling you a jackass, I said it with a smile. If you think the game is unfair but fun, then I'm sure you could practice hard and develop new strategies to avoid things like blue shells (of which I am often a victim as well). Yet when online I'm sure even there you can learn how to not become the target of a blue shell, like say hovering behind first place, waiting to shoot a red shell or three? If it's just too unfair to you then it's probably not worth playing at all, right? Please remember that others are playing with you online, and offline after getting good there is a luck factor involved. /soap-box...
May 13, 2009 05:30AM
So the moral of the story is to get mad Mario Kart skills and beat people fair and square (like I did) like in the old days.
May 13, 2009 09:00PM
billsfan444

But how will hacking stars make it more balanced? You will be giving yourself an advantage over the other players, since they will still be getting hit by the shells, making it even more unbalanced than ever.

Besides you'll get banned if you do, Nintendo's been taking online hacking very seriously over the past 2 months, it's already happened to most people, so do it at your own risk I guess.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2009 09:01PM by BlueFace845.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login