Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ok to upgrade to 4.0 after bootmii?

Posted by bones3010 
ok to upgrade to 4.0 after bootmii?
May 30, 2009 05:21PM
Please bear with my noob questions here, but I want to install bootmii v0.2 with the intention of upgrading from 3.4 to system version 4.0 afterwards... Will all the bootmii benefits still work afterward upgrading to 4.0?

Also, I already have HBC installed on my 3.4 using the twilight hack, will that be gone once upgraded to 4.0 (and the only way HBC can be accessed is through the SD/bootmii)?

What I'm hoping for is that I can continue to use the HBC on the system menu once upgraded to 4.0. Will that happen? I really want to upgrade to 4.0 because I'm being blocked out of wiishop, etc. until I do the upgrade...

Thanks in advance...
Re: ok to upgrade to 4.0 after bootmii?
May 30, 2009 05:37PM
Yes, you can upgrade to 4.0 safely.
May 30, 2009 06:05PM
Great! ...Will HBC still be on the system menu and functional after 4.0 upgrade, or will I have to access that through bootmii?

BTW, kudos and many thanks for all the hard work put in to this release...
May 30, 2009 06:07PM
Yes, the HBC will work fine after upgrading to 4.0 Just don't put it on your SD card, or else you'll have to reinstall it!
May 30, 2009 06:18PM
Okay, one last (hopefully) batch of noob questions:

Is there any reason NOT to upgrade to 4.0 since I've already got HBC and shortly bootmii installed?

Will I be needing THREE SD cards to utilize all funtions on my wii? (1 for bootmii whenever needed, 1 for NAND backup, 1 for apps used on HBC on the main system menu)? ...I remember hearing that if the bootmii card is in the wii won't boot to main system menu, so I'd need a separate one to access the apps for HBC, and the backup will have to be on it's own, so that would be 3. Or am I looking at this the wrong way?

Thanks again...
May 30, 2009 09:41PM
4.0 is fine, and you can do everything on one SD card if you want.
May 30, 2009 11:07PM
Arikado
4.0 is fine, and you can do everything on one SD card if you want.

That is, as long as it has enough storage space. xD
May 30, 2009 11:11PM
I do it on 2gb. I also have channels and save data on my SD Card too.
May 31, 2009 12:50AM
Does Wii with 4.0 keep your own files + saves on SD card after booting system?
May 31, 2009 03:11AM
Xtreme: yes
June 20, 2009 07:38PM
Another noob question if you don't mind. Can I use the official Nintendo 4.0 upgrade?
June 20, 2009 07:48PM
drksydr
Another noob question if you don't mind. Can I use the official Nintendo 4.0 upgrade?
Yes. Thats the best way to update.
June 20, 2009 08:02PM
Thanks for the quick reply Arikado.
August 10, 2009 02:48PM
Hi guys, this is my 1st ever post & I need help as I am roughly in the same boat as bones3010 & not sure what to do next.
I bought Wii Dec08 & it was 3.2 then I did Nintendo wi-fi update to 3.4 (before I knew about Zelda hack or indeed anything about the Wii at all)
I then bought Zelda but couldn't get the Twilight Hack to work so I downgraded to 3.2 & succeeded in using the hack & installing the Homebrew Channel. I have since installed Starfall & Preloader 2.7 (with hacks.ini) Fail removed I did have Opera Internet Channel but have since uninstalled it (will I need to install before updating to 4.0/1 or will it still install after?).
I now read that updating to 4.0 or even 4.1 is a good idea as SDHC >2Gb cards can be used amongst other things that are a benefit. Am I correct thinking this? There are so many conflicting ideas & instructions on what should & should not be done when upgrading & installing bootmii etc.
I really don't know what to do from here. Any help from you guys will be greatly appreciated.
Here's 2 pages I've recently been to & my head is spinning with it all.
GBAFail
More fail
I just hope I've not posted anything here that's not allowed.
inAcrysis

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2009 05:50PM by Arikado.
August 10, 2009 05:26PM
Start by uninstalling cIOScorp, for one.
August 10, 2009 05:29PM
PhoenixTank
Start by uninstalling cIOScorp, for one.
update to 4.1. for some reason cIOScorp's custom IOS's all have the version number "7". All nintendo updates have higher version numbers than this.therefore, simply updating will remove cIOScorp.
August 10, 2009 11:49PM
Great. Thanks. Judging by what I've read here & there I thought updating to 4.1 by wifi was going to be my next move.
Thanks again.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login