Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Any Region Changer problems

Posted by Juxpitos 
Any Region Changer problems
June 26, 2009 08:28AM
First off let me thank the wonderful people who are members of this forum, if not for your words of wisdom i would not have access to my system menu!

now the problem,

At [wiibrew.org] it says

"Setting the AREA setting ("Console Area Setting") to a different region than your System Menu WILL cause a Semi-Brick! If for some reason your System-Configured flag is unset (via some installation, or a corrupted SYSCONF) your system WILL become FULLY BRICKED. Your system will attempt to do the "First Time" configuration for an incorrect region, and will not be able to find the html content for the interface."

and at the top of the screen in Any Region Changer on my Wii it says "WARNING: AREA/Sysmenu MISMATCH!"

what worries me is that i can't access my Wii settings page from the home screen.

Any thoughts?
Re: Any Region Changer problems
June 26, 2009 08:31AM
Change your AREA setting to match your version of the Wii Menu
June 28, 2009 08:01PM
ok i looked into what "AREA" my Wii would need to be set to, and it's Europe, now if i do change this is it going to mess with my ability to play games since i do have an American Wii, if not what are some thing i can look forward to not working?
June 28, 2009 08:11PM
well i cant remember what exactly doesnt work, but i'm pretty sure games work according to the GAME setting.. the only thing that wouldnt work is the settings i guess
June 28, 2009 08:34PM
i can't access them anyway, have been tring to download the Opera/internet channel with NUS but for some reason i can't find key.bin ANYWHERE so i am lost,
June 28, 2009 09:03PM
You can't download the Internet Channel with NUS Downloader! Purchase it from the Wii Shop Channel!
June 28, 2009 09:46PM
Yeah, you can't get stuff from the Wii Shop with NUSD because they get signed when downloading on your Wii
June 28, 2009 11:00PM
No, you can't get them from NUS (Nintendo UPDATE Service) because they're not updates
June 29, 2009 05:18AM
I was trying to get the Opera/Internet channel because when i try to go to my system settings it shows and error with Opera. saw Opera/Internet channel so i thought i would try that and see if it fixed the problem. but anyway, is it safe to change my Wii to Europe AREA with NTSC games when in Europe they use PAL. i don't need anymore problems with my Wii, and can i download BOOT2 with NUS so i can do the bootmii boot2 instead of bootmii/IOS?
June 29, 2009 05:50AM
Juxpitos
I was trying to get the Opera/Internet channel because when i try to go to my system settings it shows and error with Opera. saw Opera/Internet channel so i thought i would try that and see if it fixed the problem.
That's because the system menu is like html (webpages) so it uses a kind of opera browser for the system menu.

Juxpitos
but anyway, is it safe to change my Wii to Europe AREA with NTSC games when in Europe they use PAL.
The AREA should match your system menu. U for US, E for Europe, and J for Japan.. doesnt matter what the games are

Juxpitos
i don't need anymore problems with my Wii, and can i download BOOT2 with NUS so i can do the bootmii boot2 instead of bootmii/IOS?
if you can't install bootmii as boot2 now, it wont help to get boot2 again
June 29, 2009 09:26AM
i have a US system bought brand new Feb 09, Any Region Changer says i need to change AREA settings to Europe, if i do change this will it fix my system settings page?
June 29, 2009 04:50PM
June 29, 2009 05:19PM
About downloading boot2 from NUS to try and get boot2 install for BootMii - The bug used is in boot1, it's the trucha bug in fact, and boot1 is not updatable, so you can't change your boot1 version, and if you dont have a vulnerable boot1, you can't install to boot2
June 29, 2009 09:00PM
OK let me explain this AGAIN!

i have put this in quite a few posts and you don't seem to read this part.

"i can't change my system settings, i can't run Any Region Changer because i need to connect to my wireless internet, but my Wii isn't setup for my wireless account, and i can't change it because my settings page is not working"

do i need to explain ANYTHING else?
June 29, 2009 09:02PM
Can't you change the AREA setting without internet?
June 29, 2009 09:09PM
Yes MattMan, you are correct, i was thinking i had to reinstall 3.2 or whatever, in the second set of options, but yes i did change the area and my settings page is working,

Well i think i know what happened to my Wii, i let my sister borrow it for a few weeks and she apparently updated it to 4.0e, thats what my systems settings page says. but i don't understand i thought in 4.0 the only way to run HBC was off SD card, and i know my HBC is on the system.
June 29, 2009 09:10PM
Hmm, is there an app anyone knows of that lets you change internet settings? is this even possible? This part is solved I think.

EDIT: HBC can't be run off SD Card, unless it is ALSO on the System. What gave you the idea that you had to run it off SD Card? Anyway, it should work fine on System Memory.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2009 09:15PM by SifJar.
June 29, 2009 09:17PM
You can run the Homebrew Channel from the System Menu just like on any other firmware.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2009 09:19PM by MattMan.
June 29, 2009 09:20PM
i thought i read that in system update 4.0 HBC goes bye-bye from system menu and was only usable if installed on SD, my mistake.
June 29, 2009 09:26PM
well now that i have my system settings page working again i have access to my wireless internet, should i try and change all my region info back to US? or should i keep it how it is? (currently set to Europe area)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login