Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Download client of some sort on the Wii

Posted by MasterGH 
Download client of some sort on the Wii
June 28, 2009 09:25AM
Hi all,

I just got my Wii all set up for homebrew (with bannerbomb) and have so-far had a very good experience with it. Being able to use the Brawl+ codeset is probably the biggest gain for me, along with watching DVDs. Now, I have SDExplorer for moving/renaming files on my SD card (which is useful for enabling/disabling the BootMii menu for me), plus two text editors, so if I just had a download client of some sort I'd be able to load virtually everything I wanted to my Wii without having to take out the SD card. Is there an app of this sort available somewhere and I'm just missing it, or hasn't one been made yet? For those that think long links would be a problem, I'd just put them through a shrinker site before I typed them into my Wii. Even just a simple GUI over something like wget would be extremely useful.

Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2009 09:25AM by MasterGH.
Re: Download client of some sort on the Wii
June 28, 2009 04:15PM
[wiibrew.org]

You mean that? It doesn't have everything, but it's still pretty nice.
June 28, 2009 05:15PM
Yeah, the HBB is the closest thing that exists.
June 28, 2009 11:33PM
Ohh, I do have that (and I use it a lot!), but what I mean is just something that I can type a link into and it'll download that onto my SD card. Probably the best I'll be able to do at the moment is run a FTP server on the Wii so I can easily insert files onto it that I've downloaded on my PC.
June 29, 2009 12:56AM
Sorry, nothing like that exists yet. I'm actually surprised by that.
June 29, 2009 01:14AM
Okay, thanks anyway :) ftpii seems to be working nicely enough for transfers anyway. Means I can easily stick custom stages for Brawl and such on the card without taking it out.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login