Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"You need to install updates." message from FFCC:MLaaK

Posted by kobalobasileus 
"You need to install updates." message from FFCC:MLaaK
July 08, 2009 06:54PM
Here's something odd I ran into last night.

When I run FF Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King, go to the DLC menu within the game, and try to buy new DLC, I get the message "You need to install updates." I have chosen "no" every time because I don't want to do a system update.

I asked about this on another board, and nobody with an updated Wii has this problem, so I'm assuming it's due to the fact that I'm still on 3.2U. I have run Tona's Shop updater both times the shop channel has been updated (IOS51 and IOS61) and have an up-to-date shop. I have also been able to buy DLC for FF4: The After Years, a newer Square WiiWare title, with no problems.

The only other bit of weirdness I've installed on my Wii besides HBC, DVDX, and BootMii/Boot2 is cIOS rev10.

Anyone have any ideas?
Re: "You need to install updates." message from FFCC:MLaaK
July 08, 2009 06:57PM
What IOS does FFCC:mlak use?
Is it up to date?

You might wanna go to the shop and check, if a new updated FFCC is avaiable

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2009 06:57PM by daniel_c_w.
July 08, 2009 07:11PM
The shop channel wont be working if you used tona's shop channel and ios 51 updater. You need ios 61 these days. go get WiiSCU from WiiBrew and run it and install IOS 61 (with trucha, but it doesnt really matter) and update shop channel. Then it should work. if not, install IOS 60 as well with WiiSCU. Once shop channel is working, DLC should also work for you.
July 08, 2009 07:57PM
I already checked if a new version of MLaaK is available; it's not.

I said in my initial post that I ran both of Tona's updaters. I do have IOS61 and the current shop. The actual shop channel works, just not the DLC section of MLaaK.

I don't have IOS 60 yet, so I guess I can try that.
July 08, 2009 08:01PM
The problem here is that FFCC is requesting an updated IOS that is obviously not present on his Wii. If you can find out which IOS FFCC uses, you can use Dop-IOS to download and install it.
July 09, 2009 06:27PM
Been Waiting almost 24 hours to say that:
FFCC should be using IOS 37
(System-ID in TMD is 00000001-00000025)
July 09, 2009 07:03PM
MattMan
The problem here is that FFCC is requesting an updated IOS that is obviously not present on his Wii. If you can find out which IOS FFCC uses, you can use Dop-IOS to download and install it.

or not. dop-IOS is (i think) the cause of many bricks. its a crappy piece of software from GBAFail (at least, I think it is. I believe this is just dip-IOS with a different name). just download the ios with NUSD and install using wadimport. but we still dont know what IOS it is. Try getting WiiSCU and updating ALL IOS it can update, see if that helps. You can patch trucha into them if you want.
July 09, 2009 07:10PM
Dop-IOS is on Wiibrew. It is a modification of tona's Shop Installer, just like WiiSCU. The main difference between the two is that Dop-IOS can install any IOS, not just 60, 61, 38, and 16.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2009 07:13PM by MattMan.
July 09, 2009 07:12PM
SifJar
but we still dont know what IOS it is.

*cough* 37 *cough*
(look above your post)

TitleID 0000000100000025

current version is 3612 (hex: 0e1c)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2009 07:13PM by daniel_c_w.
July 09, 2009 07:19PM
Oops. Sorry. To both. I thought dop-IOS was a GBAFail thing, but turns out dip-IOS is different. I thought it was the same because GBAFail thinks dip-IOS is great, but wanted it renamed. And soz, daniel_c_w, just completely missed your post.
Re: "You need to download updates." message from FFCC:MLaaK
July 09, 2009 07:21PM
Ha ha, I'm an idiot.

I went ahead and used DOP to install any IOS I didn't have already (38, 53, 55, 60) and patch trucha into them. Still got the message (which I mistakenly quoted as saying "install" when it says "download").

It turns out it just wanted to download an updated list of DLC for MLaaK. *FACEPALM*

I don't think DOP is shady at all. It worked just like Tona's updaters when I ran it, plus it saves the IOSes you download to the SD card. Pretty nice tool.
July 09, 2009 08:04PM
Yeah, dop-IOS is fine. It's dip-IOS is the bad one. I mistakenly thought they were the same and that dop was the new name.
July 09, 2009 08:58PM
SifJar
I thought dop-IOS was a GBAFail thing, but turns out dip-IOS is different.

That is borderline confusing, though.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login