Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Possible New User with questions.

Posted by GIRO 
Possible New User with questions.
August 08, 2009 04:57AM
Hey folks. This is basically the first time I've EVER considered modding a console, and I really want to cover all of my bases before I give this a try. To do so, I have a small story, and 3 minor questions. Basically, I have a US Wii, I'm not sure how far updated it is, though I know it has the SD card icon on the home menu. As I recall, that puts it pretty high up there. I want to import, among other things, Monster Hunter 3, as I'm far too impatient to wait till next year, which brings me to my questions:

1. What exactly to I need to allow my Wii to change it's region setting?
2. Besides a 2gb SD card and possibly a copy of Twilight Princess, is there any other physical object I need?
3. If, say, I wanted to remove said homebrew, is that an easy, viable option?

Finally, I apologize if all of this is covered in the FAQs and such, but I really wanted to get a crystal clear answer, though I do intend to continue to search through them. Thanks so much for your answers! =D
Re: Possible New User with questions.
August 08, 2009 06:14AM
Please note I am a complete noob too, so wait for confirmation of my suggestions:

1. "AnyRegionChanger"

2. No. You can also softmod/install HBC on your Wii, especially newer firmware/models, using the BannerBomb hack via the BootMii installer package.

3. Yes, you should just be able to delete it from the Wii channels.

As I said, dont take my word as gospel. But it should be all dandy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2009 06:15AM by elstado.
August 08, 2009 03:20PM
You do not need to change your region for Monster Hunter 3, just use GeckoOS to launch the game.

Any Region Changer will propably not work on your Wii anyway*
August 08, 2009 04:03PM
Hey guys, thanks for the quick-like replies. =D Browsing through the wiki now to look all this stuff up. >.< I now need an SD card though, as the one I thought I had turned out to be 256 mb...should have payed WAY more attention. Thanks again though, and if anyone has any other tips/advice, I'd appreciate it.
August 08, 2009 04:11PM
256MB SD Cards will work.
August 08, 2009 04:31PM
=3 They work you say? Ah, that is most excellent. Well, I gots work to do when I get home. Thanks a bunch for all the help ladies/gents. Hopefully I won't have to bug you guys for help again at least today.
August 08, 2009 04:48PM
Yeap, they do. Heck, my 128mb card tided me over for a looong time.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login