Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New to Homebrew

Posted by madlittleme 
New to Homebrew
August 08, 2009 06:32PM
Hi, I'm completely new to all this homebrew stuff and love some help please. First off, a friend of mine hacked my wii and installed the homebrew channel. I haven't been given a sd card or anything so please tell me what I can do from here on in, I have no idea of what lies ahead lol. Thanks.
Re: New to Homebrew
August 08, 2009 07:05PM
We're not going to hold your hand through the process and rewrite tons of guides just so we can help you.

That's ridiculous.

If you want to install homebrew, go here: [www.wiibrew.org] and read everything you can about installing homebrew for the first time. If you have any specific questions, everyone on this forum will be glad to answer them.

Good luck, and happy hacking.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2009 07:05PM by Arikado.
August 08, 2009 07:22PM
Thanks, I understand completely what you mean, and I would prefer to learn how to use this myself so thanks for the link, most helpful.
August 08, 2009 07:48PM
madlittleme,

WELCOME! Like Arikado said, check out that link, browse around, and when you have specific questions fire away.

The experience level on this forum ranges from beginners to pros, so someone here will probably be able to answer any questions you have.

The SEARCH function of the forums is a great tool and is usually how i found the answers to most the problems i had... if you can't find anything using the search function, or you need more help... just let us know.
August 08, 2009 09:37PM
Ok, thanks, here's my first question, how do I get an 'apps' file onto my sd card?? Surely its not the obvious thing of just creating a yellow folder myself called 'apps'.

If someone would kindly explain a bit about how this works too I'd be ever so grateful.

Thanks again.
August 08, 2009 10:06PM
Yeah, just create a new folder called "apps" (no quotes) on your SD card.
August 08, 2009 10:09PM
When you load The Homebrew Channel (commonly known as HBC) It will search for apps in the "apps" foder on SD. The apps ae set out in this way:
SD:/
-apps
--appname
---boot.dol OR boot.elf
---icon.png (optional)
---meta.xml (optonal)
August 09, 2009 12:56AM
Ahhh, I get it now. Thanks peeps, you've been wonderful.
August 09, 2009 01:02AM
Make sure, that "apps" and "boot.dol" are written in small letters only
August 09, 2009 03:00PM
Yep, got it working and downloaded the homebrew browser. Is there a way to download the virtual or wiiware titles for free now?
August 09, 2009 03:49PM
woah woah, no illegal topics on the forum!

Just homebrew questions :D
August 09, 2009 03:50PM
Pirating software isnt supported in this forum. (Wiiware, VC or retail discs).

::Edit:: haha mdbrim beat me to it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2009 03:50PM by ozzadar.
August 09, 2009 06:05PM
Piracy ew.

And for the record, AFAIK, you can't do it anymore.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.