Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

System menu 4.1E and trucha bug

Posted by MauserMan 
System menu 4.1E and trucha bug
August 23, 2009 07:23PM
Hi!

I have a custom Gutar Hero Disc, Rock The 80's, that i can't play anymore. I've heard that the trucha bug, which must be present to play certain custom GH discs, was fixed by nintendo. Is that true and does it mean that it will never be possible to play games that uses the trucha bug anymore?

My Wii has system menu 4.1E, and if there is a solution letting me play trucha signed discs, i would be most grateful.

Sorry if this question was asked before, but i did a search.

Regards/
mauserman
Re: System menu 4.1E and trucha bug
August 23, 2009 07:26PM
There is a way to re-install the trucha bug on the Wii using TBR. Using it, You can patch the trucha bug into IOS 36 and using it with dop-IOS MOD allows you to "dop" other IOS'
August 23, 2009 07:28PM
Seeing as custom discs are burnt discs, they are not supported here, and as such, we cant help you. Because info given about this could help pirates. But its not hard to find the info on how to play these discs.

Basically, trucha bug was a big in IOS needed for ALL GH custom discs (not just certain ones) and any other burnt disc.

And it has been patched by Nintendo, but its very easy to restore it in ALL system menus. Doing that will allow this to work again. But I'm not going to tell you exactly how to do it, because that information could be used by someone looking to pirate games or do other illegal stuff.

EDIT: Metroid's advice above mine will work fine. I wasn't going to give it, but thats basically what i would have said.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2009 07:29PM by SifJar.
August 24, 2009 07:43AM
i saw a guide on how to do that but i cant post it here
August 24, 2009 10:14AM
Don't worry about it. WADs are not needed if you have a internet connection. If you do not have have an internet connection, you'll have to get the WADs yourself. I will happily explain how to do it through assuming Trucha Bug Restorer is supported here.
EDIT: It is. No illegal code is used. Proof? Source code AND
WiiPower @GBAtemp
It's open source, he could look at the source. Anyways, it uses the same method the IOS35 downgrader uses, it starts the installation process of IOS15v266, in the middle of it, it overwrites the tmd that is in the tmp folder, so it has revision 0, and then it finishes the installation. After that it installs IOS15v257, which is considered an update then.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2009 03:26PM by metroid_maniac.
August 24, 2009 11:10PM
hey ive been looking for an explanation of how both those apps work! Thanks Metroid!
August 25, 2009 06:30PM
Please, call me maniac :-) anyway, don't thank me thank WiiPower for making TBR.
November 27, 2009 02:42PM
@MauserMan CLICK HERE

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2009 02:52PM by Arikado.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login