Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

W00T Getting a black Wii!!! But still a noob wiv questions =/

Posted by doraemon69er 
W00T Getting a black Wii!!! But still a noob wiv questions =/
September 15, 2009 12:18AM
Basically wot I wanna kno is...

1) Will playing a PAL game on my NTSC - J console cause my Wii to brick? (I heard rumors)
2) Wen my softmodded Wii arrives do I need to run any specific updates?
3) Just out of curiosity, wot kinda things cause Wii's to brick/semi-brick? And can it be repaired?

THX in advance, Love u all ^_^
Re: W00T Getting a black Wii!!! But still a noob wiv questions =/
September 15, 2009 12:56AM
1.) Only updating from a foreign disc will brick your wii.
2.) No, I don't think so. When you enter the HBC, you may be asked to update to the latest version. If so, then update.
3.) Lots of things can cause a brick. Most of them aren't supported here. Here are a few:

Downgrading
Installing WADs that you don't know what they do or what they are.
A lot of the apps on this page can cause damage to your wii if used incorrectly.

I hope that helps answer your questions. :)

W00t!! Black wii! Awesome! :P
September 15, 2009 01:06AM
Are there any hardware differences in the black wii? (is it even modable?)
September 15, 2009 01:07AM
TopGun96
Are there any hardware differences in the black wii? (is it even modable?)
Anything is "modable"! :P

I doubt it. Lots of stuff is gonna be in japanese, though! (No duh! :P)
September 15, 2009 01:08AM
im guessing its a Lu64
am i correct?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2009 01:09AM by chey_Zx.
September 15, 2009 01:13AM
chey_Zx
im guessing its a Lu64
am i correct?
Um, what? Probably not. Why would it be?
September 15, 2009 01:14AM
Nintendo is gonna release a black remote, black nunchuck and black wm+ around christmas time(only those three afaik)
September 15, 2009 01:18AM
I know that everything is modable but I meant if the current hackmii installer would work on one.
September 15, 2009 01:19AM
TopGun96
I know that everything is modable but I meant if the current hackmii installer would work on one.
Oh. My bad. :P

I don't know. It seems as if the hackmii installer isn't compatible with korean wiis for some reason. Maybe it will be, maybe it won't. :D
September 15, 2009 01:22AM
WaxyPumpkin72
chey_Zx
im guessing its a Lu64
am i correct?
Um, what? Probably not. Why would it be?
oh soory i was doing multiple things at one and i toataly screwd up that post my bad
September 15, 2009 01:30AM
please clarify more. Your saying your ordering a black wii thats premodded? Or you want to know how to?
September 15, 2009 10:23PM
TY guys for the response, didn't kno it would turn in2 a black wii discussion... lol?

So Waxy:
1) u mean if my japanese console ran a english update of a game (run a PAL game update on a NTSC - J Wii) it will definetly brick?
2) If so, if I choose not 2 update a game will I still be able to play that game online?
3) How can get a proper game update which is safe? (Say i wanna play Mario Kart in English coz i cant read japanese> therefore i download a PAL/NTSC - U game and update > brick or not? I really don't wanna play the jap version just for the update =p)

& Chuck: Ye I'm gonna get the Wii premodded (Hong Kong). The guy told me its done via a SD card mod so i'm guessing it's a softmod
September 15, 2009 10:31PM
yeah, it'll brick if you update from a PAL game on the NTSC-J wii, and you cant ever install a PAL update on it, via game or otherwise, or you'll brick. You can play out of region games through Gecko OS, and it wont update your wii, so you're safe on that front as well. Just launch any PAL (or USA games if you ever get any) through Gecko OS and you'll be safe.
September 15, 2009 11:06PM
doraemon69er
1) u mean if my japanese console ran a english update of a game (run a PAL game update on a NTSC - J Wii) it will definetly brick?
2) If so, if I choose not 2 update a game will I still be able to play that game online?
3) How can get a proper game update which is safe? (Say i wanna play Mario Kart in English coz i cant read japanese> therefore i download a PAL/NTSC - U game and update > brick or not? I really don't wanna play the jap version just for the update =p)

1) Yes a Semi-Brick will happen.
2) You could boot the game through Gecko OS and skip the update.
3) You could use AnyRegion Changer to change the region to NTSC-U and it will boot the US game without fear of a brick. (very risky)
September 16, 2009 02:00AM
TopGun96
2) You could boot the game through Gecko OS and skip the update.

Yeah, that would probably be the best way to do it. Gecko os is beast. It needs to be nominated! :P

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2009 02:01AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login