Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Installation Questions

Posted by fozzi_behr 
Installation Questions
September 20, 2009 07:50PM
Ok, I want to freshly install Homebrew through the Bannerbomb method. A few questions:
1. I have an old version of homebrew, beta 8, should I delete it in my wii settings?
2. If I install the latest version, can I use a USB for app data in the future?
3. If bootmii can't be installed in boot2, is it worth it to have it as an IOS?
Re: Installation Questions
September 20, 2009 08:17PM
If you already have HBC, you dont need to use bannerbomb. Just run the HackMii Installer from HBC and install the latest version of HBC over the top of it. BootMii as IOS isnt worth it no. Only install if you can do boot2. And apps on USB will show up in the latest HBC, but not all will run correctly.
September 20, 2009 10:02PM
Actually, installing Bootmii as an IOS gives some level of bricking-protection* but you need preloader installed (which you probably don't want) anyways you shouldn't be doing bad things that may brick your poor wii, should you? :)

*Read this for further details.

Have a nice day,
Aruskano
September 21, 2009 05:15AM
Ok, so I went through the update with hackmii (the channel said there was a later version and ran it), and it said all three things could be installed, but it gave me an error that said something like it could not flush to SD, then it wouldn't exit, so I had to hold the power button to turn off the wii. What went wrong? I didn't have an SD inserted, should I?
September 21, 2009 05:19AM
Um, yes.
September 21, 2009 06:02AM
So, if I plug in an SD for the update, it needs no files on it correct? So I don't need the boot files on the thing? Also, can I be sure that if there are other things on it (like photos, etc) they will not be deleted?
September 21, 2009 06:06AM
I'm not really sure what you're talking about....Could you try to be more clear?
September 21, 2009 06:11AM
So, I need to update the HBC right? When I load the channel, a little window pops up that says I should update, I click ok. The hackmii text screen goes through its thing, but says error: can't flush SD. Do I need the boot.elf files, etc. on the SD during that update? Or does it just need it in the slot for temporary purposes?
September 21, 2009 06:27AM
temporary
September 21, 2009 09:30PM
Nothing on the SD card will be erased/damaged/affected at all.
September 22, 2009 04:07AM
The reason that it can't flush to SD is that you don't have an SD inserted for it to flush to....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login