HBB loads then go black (newer wii w/ 4.1u)
September 21, 2009 11:29AM
Hi all. Just loaded the HomeBrew Channel on my wii using Bannerbomb. Have a newer wii and it's updated to 4.1. Downloaded the HomeBrew browser and connected using wifi. After a minute or so of surfing the browser, the screen goes black with an error. Have to unplug the wii to power down. I don't know if this is "the Black Screen Issue" that Arikado was refering to in his post. I didn't write down the error code (stupid), and am nervous about running the Homebrew Browser again. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks
Re: HBB loads then go black (newer wii w/ 4.1u)
September 21, 2009 05:06PM
Don't worry about the freezing; the worst that could happen is a corrupted file on the SD. THe black screen Arikado is talking about is that of the Homebrew Channel rather than the Homebrew Browser. It probably gave you a "code dump" and said something like "exeption dsi occured", correct?
Re: HBB loads then goes black (newer wii w/ 4.1u)
September 22, 2009 02:10AM
Thanks for responding. Yeah, I believe it is a code dump. Should I reinstall the HBB? If I have the same problem after reinstallng, what should I do? I can't download any apps off the HBB. The only apps that I have installed were downloaded off the wiibrew site.
September 22, 2009 03:57AM
There is a bug in the HBB. If you scroll down the games section, you will get an exception (code dump). There should be a fix coming out soon.
September 22, 2009 04:44AM
Thanks for your help guys. I'll check back periodically on Wiibrew for updates.
September 22, 2009 02:54PM
Your welcome! If you have anymore questions just ask!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login