Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HackMii Installer v0.5 Trouble

Posted by wiimacado 
HackMii Installer v0.5 Trouble
October 01, 2009 01:20PM
Downloaded file and placed on SD card with Indiana Pwns in root directory. Wii does not recognize boot.elf file. Start up, Wii Menu, Data Management, Add Channels, SD Card, no card inserted, insert card....nothing. Just a block of empty channels. Unit did update to v4.2 on Tuesday. Any help on what I am doing wrong?
Re: HackMii Installer v0.5 Trouble
October 01, 2009 01:42PM
Don't have LIJ, but It'd be save data (a la TP) as opposed to a channel, no?
October 01, 2009 02:06PM
Looked into Save Data also, only shows 3 files for the Indiana Pwns, English, Japanese and...some other languange...cannot remember. The boot.elf is not being recognized for some reason. Not even showing up on card when in the Wii. Checked it several times on the PC and it is on the card. Tried using a 2GB SD formatted FAT with files and a 4GB SDHC formatted with FAT32. Either one would not work. Would not pull up the window to Load boot.dol / elf? for HBC. Any help?
October 01, 2009 02:33PM
Well, you are meant to transfer Indiana Pwns to your Wii... launch the Lego Indiana Jones game, then head to the art room (I think?) and that will launch the boot.elf.
October 01, 2009 02:35PM
I will give this a try and see if I can get it to work that way. Thank you for the recommendations.
October 01, 2009 08:28PM
PhoenixTank
Well, you are meant to transfer Indiana Pwns to your Wii... launch the Lego Indiana Jones game, then head to the art room (I think?) and that will launch the boot.elf.
Yes, you transfer the correct save region to your wii, run lego indiana jones, go to the art room, and then look at the second picture. Then it should recognize the boot.elf.

wiimacado
Wii does not recognize boot.elf file. Start up, Wii Menu, Data Management, Add Channels, SD Card, no card inserted, insert card....nothing.
This exploit isn't like bannerbomb. It won't just appear in the data management. Just do what PhoenixTank and I said, and it should work. :)
October 01, 2009 08:49PM
Thanks to WaxyPumpkin72 and PhoenixTank. I will post the results when I get this attempted. Grats to both.
October 02, 2009 12:56AM
Great! Tell us your results! :D
October 02, 2009 02:22PM
Got Home Brew Channel up and running! Thanks guys. Now if I can just figure out how to run my back ups. Keeps asking me if I am sure they are ISO9660? They used to work, but now they are not. I will keep working at it.

Thanks for your help on getting Home Brew reinstalled!
October 02, 2009 04:19PM
They just updated DVDx's title ID, it seems that none of the apps recognize the new DVDx currently.

And you are not meaning Wii game backups...?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2009 04:19PM by Matoking.
October 02, 2009 04:54PM
These are back ups that I created using WiiScrubber. They would work on the old Home Brew Channel, but now I keep getting this error. I am not sure if I will need to redo the scrub on them and save them as something else or not. I will need to do more research I guess to make sure. I usually make back ups for all the discs and keep the originals safe...with 3 grandkids, it is a requirement!
October 02, 2009 06:05PM
WiiBrew does not support or condone the usage of backups. Such being the case, discussion of them is strictly prohibited in all areas of the WiiBrew Forums.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.